Fake tracking number and item not received!

knx9
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I have bought an item on ebay that the seller has shipped. He provided this fake DHL tracking number 00340434267372865723, which indicates, that the item was succsessfully delivered, but I did not received anything at the specified address and seller isn't responding to my messages...

I have open cases in PayPal and how can I add more information about this case?

I'm afraid to lose this case...

Can you ask DHL what was delivery address?

I can't get all the information, but you can read answer from DHL below...

Thank you

Arturs K.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting DHL Parcel and DHL eCommerce regarding the delivery of your shipment.

We regret you haven’t received your shipment yet.

According to our system, your parcel is being returned to the sender.
In your case, please contact your shipper or online shop to discuss options.

An official investigation can only be raised by the shipper.

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced during the delivery process.

Best Regards,

Customer Service Team

Global Recipient Service

DHL Parcel & DHL eCommerce Solutions

Deutsche Post DHL –The Mail & Logistics Group

This message is confidential and may be legally privileged.

Please delete if received wrongly and inform sender if possible.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

mosshead
Contributor
Contributor

USPS tracking website only showed me that package was left on front porch in my city--but no name or address!

But my local post office investigated this tracking # and discovered package of only 3oz sent to different address in my city.

My order actually weighed over 1 pound. The local post office investigator wants to share this info and gave me contact name and tel number and wants to share info with PayPal- but PalPal won't respond to my case/messages/dispute or look at clear evidence of criminal fraud. The fraud works because a buyer looking at   tracking report (without address) would be led  to believe that the package had to have been stolen since " it was left at front porch" . 

So my credit card canceled my payment to PayPal and gave me a new credit card number. PayPal policy empowers fraud by refusing to acknowledge that real  tracking #'s can still be shown to be fraudulent upon investigation by post office.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@knx9 

If you have opened a dispute for non receipt of item then put in all the information that you have and escalate to a claim.

IF you lose because tracking was supplied but you didn't get the item OR tracking was fake then do this........

Firstly ring Paypal customer services and tell them that the number is fake or that the item was shown as shipped before you purchased it. With that information they may well just issue you a refund.

Secondly if they don't then... APPEAL
To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address. THEY DON'T HAVE TO SAY WHICH ADDRESS IT WAS SENT TO, JUST THAT IT WAS NOT DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS.

Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click contact at the bottom of the page, or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your Paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

mosshead
Contributor
Contributor

USPS tracking website only showed me that package was left on front porch in my city--but no name or address!

But my local post office investigated this tracking # and discovered package of only 3oz sent to different address in my city.

My order actually weighed over 1 pound. The local post office investigator wants to share this info and gave me contact name and tel number and wants to share info with PayPal- but PalPal won't respond to my case/messages/dispute or look at clear evidence of criminal fraud. The fraud works because a buyer looking at   tracking report (without address) would be led  to believe that the package had to have been stolen since " it was left at front porch" . 

So my credit card canceled my payment to PayPal and gave me a new credit card number. PayPal policy empowers fraud by refusing to acknowledge that real  tracking #'s can still be shown to be fraudulent upon investigation by post office.

Login to Me Too

wayt7
Contributor
Contributor
Only the seller says it was delivered the post office says tracking number is not theirs so how is that proof?
Login to Me Too

Denise1215
New Community Member
I am dealing with the same issue.. Google scams with stolen tracking #. I actually found where my package was sent to thou, same town..different person his package not mine..but we shared the same tracking #
Login to Me Too

Kevan2340
New Community Member

My experience has been similar. Royal Mail claimed to have delivered my small package (looked like a mobile phone size but was actually a TV remote control) at 8.15 in the evening, which is highly unlikely. Clearly it was left on the doorstep for someone to steal. The seller, and Paypal, totally believed the tracking information and refused my claim for a refund. On another occasion an Amazon driver (the item was not ordered from Amazon) knocked my door, dropped my parcel and ran back to his van. When I tackled him about delivering to a person, not a door step, what I got was verbal abuse. Suppliers need reminding that the effectiveness of couriers is their responsibility, not the customers. They need to query the tracking information when an item is not delivered.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.