Fake jacket and no refund

gwynneth
New Community Member

I bought a jacket on depop. The jacket was really expensive 120 euros ( 89 pounds). In the original description of the jacket, there was no sign of ''not authentic''. As when it arrived, the jacket turned out to be fake. Usually, fake stuff doesn't bother me but this jacket was just horrible. Especially for the price, I bought it for. I immediately send the girl a message. She told me she didn't know the jacket was fake. I kept asking if she could send her address so I could send it back. She insisted she didn't do refunds as it says in her bio. A week later I asked her again to give me her address so I could get my money back. Suddenly she tells me there was this '' not authentic'' sign in the description of the jacket, while she told me before she didn't know it was fake. Paypal denied my request and I have literally no idea what to do with it. Especially because it's a lot of money for a student like me. Should i send a dispute again on Paypal? I have no idea what to do... 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @gwynneth,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear a recent purchase didn't quite go as you had expected. At this point I would recommend trying to Appeal the case decision. Normally, case decisions are final unless you have additional information to present. However, it sounds like this case could do with some additional review. You can also reach out to our Customer Support teams for further assistance if needed. They can be reached by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.