Fake WAYFAIR store

Temp20211205a
New Community Member
I thought I was on WAYFAIR shopping site?
Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

sdherrington
New Community Member

I got scammed too! $90.95 I thought I was ordering from Wayfair.  Looks just like their ad. I ordered wicker chairs. They took my $90.95 on 9/27/21.  Never received my chairs but said "Paypal paid it on 9/27/21".  It makes me so mad.  The transaction on my bank statement saying paid by Paypal to Lediesel with phone number o[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]which when you call they are asking for the last 4 of your social or your bank account. Total scam and the email associated with my "order confirmation" is  (they wouldn't allow me to list) 😞 Please beware. I sure could use this $90.95 returned but I guess I have learned a very hard lesson and just a heads up to you all that it does not happen to you!  So scary they use Paypal and Wayfair. 😞 

Login to Me Too

randy_man440
New Community Member
Same problem here. PayPal refunded me for 1 item at $99.00 but, a fake tracking number was issued for a 2 item I purchased. The tracking go says delivered but, no packages was delivered at all. I have this under review with usps to get the GPS location of where this was scanned at delivery. After looking online, it says the package weighted 3lbs but, it should weigh at least 90lbs probably more. PayPal business user since 2008 and they will not help on this.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi randy_man440, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum. 

We are sorry to this. Your question is very account specific, and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., chat or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Paris20221
It happened because the moment we authorize paypal. Paypal sends a confirmation with a seller that clearly is not wayfair. My transaction was pending. I caught it immediately and told paypal to cancel due to fraud seller. All day my transaction has been pending while I wait. Then 5 min ago at 9pm i get an email from paypal that the seller is not fraud and cleared my transaction despite my protest. Im very curious for paypal to prove that they verified the seller was wayfair. If not, lets start a class action lawsuit against paypal. This is fraud on their part too!
Login to Me Too

Paris20221
Its not account specific paypal. We all have experienced it and we are all telling you BEFORE you send thee money that there is a fraud/theft in process.
Login to Me Too

MaryAlthea
Contributor
Contributor
How did you get your $99 refund? I've had no luck with PayPal. I disputed the charge, but no refund. Same fake Wayfair add on Facebook.
Login to Me Too

Paris20221
Same situation here. Maybe we need to start a class action lawsuit. See my reply in comment above of my story. Unacceptable and clearly paypal is in on it. They did not verify wayfair was seller.
Login to Me Too

SandyAmor83
New Community Member
I just made the same mistake and I was wondering how you went about it to get refunded by PayPal? Thank you for any info!
Login to Me Too

falksvjo
New Community Member

Yes, me too but I caught it in time and got my money returned.  I continue to see these adds.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.