Fake Tracking numbers

SunShinex5
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, I'm blown away by all the comments on this community page. I've never had any issues with PayPal until recently, and everyone is right, you cannot talk to a live person, this is stupid. I had to file a claim which is still under review, and now I have another issue with the same problem, FAKE tracking numbers!! I have not filed a claim on the 2nd one yet because I was able to provide PayPal with a fake (stolen) phone number & the fact that the tracking # shows delivered 2 days before I placed an order, thinking they would investigate without me giving the seller heads up in the resolution center that we were onto them. But after reading everyone's stories & comments I'm starting to feel they (PAYPAL) will not help me or resolve these issues. This is ridiculous, where's the protection buying that paypal claims you have with them? If scammers can send fake tracking #'s showing your package was delivered & paypal goes with that and closes your case then what hope is there for our protection? 

Login to Me Too
72 REPLIES 72

rbdnevis
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted Bank of America to see if they could help.  What a joke.  The money was removed from paypal via my checking account number instead of through the debit card so the bank said its in" paypals court".  The banks recommendation was to contact the police.  The only information I have is someone's email address and a company called MSP in Illinois. I am in Virginia and the scammer is in Illinois.  I can not even get in touch with the seller so it astounds me that someone is actually responding to paypal.  I received a message from the paypal messenger to forward an email from UPS to paypal via an email address that was provided with the dispute number so I forwarded the email from UPS that stated the package associated with the tracking number given to paypal was never sent in my name or to my address.  I just received a message from paypal that I was getting a receipt from paypal because.....it had nothing to do with the dispute case or even verifying that they got the forwarded email from UPS.  I tried to call the paypal number but got hung up on.

This is the worst customer service ever.  I have been a member of paypal for years and years.  I am going to contact the better business bureau and close my account.  The bank even told me to close my account there an re open another account and to close my email as well because I am now getting phishing scams about my credit card bill.  I got a credit card reminder from what looked like a Bank of America reminder.  It looked just like the ones I usually get except the amount was different.  I called Bank of America and it was a fake email that they had me send to their security dept.   I guess I will have to change my pnone number too as I am getting phishing texts as well.  This scammer has my name, my address, my phone number , my email address and they even have information about my bank account and my paypal account too.  I thought paypal would protect me.  I thought wrong.

Login to Me Too

SunShinex5
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I thought the information I obtained from the post office would win my case, nope!! PayPal closed the case anyways. 

I am going to follow thru with my bank, maybe they will actually work for me and not the scammers. PayPal get real.. stop protecting the scammers. 

When someone shows PROOF they were scammed, and you still side with the seller, then it's time to CHANGE your seller protection LOOPHOLES!!!!!

I still feel safe using paypal to pay any sellers I 'm buying from, because I feel the seller doesn't have my credit card information. 

But if PayPal operates this way with protecting scammers, I really want NO part in it. I will check websites out better in the future and know it's safe to order from them, and **bleep** PayPal.. 

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Evidently there is an "esteemed adviser" that solves everybodies problems here, if it's not the OP who gave him/her the green check then something really is fishy here.

PayPal's purchase protection has loopholes that scammers are making a living off of at the moment.

Ok, my contribution to the conversation is this. There is a website to file a complaint to the FBI, www.ic3.gov if enough people file then maybe the governemtn will investigate and put some of these scammers out of business.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@perplexed_user 

Nope don't solve 'everyones problems' but i give the best advice i can to try and help folks get their money back.

You seem to have an issue with that one?

And ONLY the person that opened the thread can mark a post as solved, so if they were happy with my advice and did so then what does that have to do with  you as its not your thread?

And sadly the FBI doesn't have a lot of sway in China so the 'government' can't do anything.

Paypal is a payment processor (not even a bank) and their buyer protection is not an insurance policy.

It gives you 'some' buyer protection and the rest is up to you to risk assess your own transactions.

However the best thing you can do is not buy from China websites or Social Media ads in the first place.

They are easy to spot so feel free to ask if you want me to post that information.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SunShinex5
Contributor
Contributor

Esteemed Advisor

You stated that only the person that opened the thread (Me) could give the green check for issue solved:

"And ONLY the person that opened the thread can mark a post as solved, so if they were happy with my advice and did so then what does that have to do with  you as its not your thread?" 

All I did was give a Kudos (what I thought was a thumbs up on just commenting to my post) not a green check that my issue was solved. In the notifications to this discussion it shows the following:

PayPal_Vipin accepted a solution to
Fake Tracking numbers

So can you explain how did I mark post as solved??

Also, you asked the person what this had to do with them since it wasn't their thread, you came off as rude in my opinion, since this is a community chat and we can respond & make comments to others post. I for one appreciate anyone's feedback!! So thanks perplexed user!!

Yes, problem is now solved, since PayPal closed the case in the sellers favor after I provided formation from the Post Office that should have closed the case in MY favor. Thanks for nothing PayPal!!

Login to Me Too

redbrd2
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Touche...

After reviewing further, you are correct, first post was created by @SunShinex5 on 22-07-2020 at 12:43 PM.  I do not exactly recall the first post I encountered on this thread when I began my quest.  Honestly, it didn't matter, people were and continue to get scammed by the same, uncorrected. unaddressed, unresolved and unnecessary means.  If nothing else, all victims and supporters should attempt to prevent future occurrences to other responsible parties.

My very first post was on 25-07-2021 at 01:19 PM.  The prior post to that, from @Jo929, was on 28-05-2021 at 04:56 AM, a little less than two months prior to mine.  At that point, dates, times, and other specifics became irrelevant as an identical issue had occurred recently.  So, now that you mention the thread being almost a year old, ok, but, that concerns me increasingly more as this unresolved issue is still occurring, now, almost a year since being addressed on THIS thread.  It would appear, even with limited research and analysis, nothing has changed, specifically to the benefit of the innocent, victimized buyer, since being initially mentioned, yes, almost a year ago.  I find it increasingly bizarre the similarities of the new disputes versus the old.  My question and concern would be:  "why is this continuing to occur"?  Reasoning would have it pp was aware of the scam almost a year ago and has failed to reasonably address the continued disputes with near identical circumstances.  Neither here nor there, I have initiated and submitted a new (unresolved/open) thread to continue to address this nonsense and try to develop and implement policies which actually support the victims and NOT the useless scammers.  A reasonably responsible company would have addressed this concern, analyzed available options, provided possible warning signs to their customers, and attempted a much more expedient and less involved/distressing course of action.  At a minimum, all members should have received an email alert, warning of the scam and potential measures to help eliminate the risk and many unnecessary headaches and increasingly wasted time.  

So, as I relentlessly pursued the appropriate outcome for my dispute, incessantly researching forums, dates/age of similar, relevant complaints became unimportant.  This scam is out of control and even minimum measures by pp have failed to be implemented in a timely fashion.  When will this end?  For me, it ended on Sun, Jul 25 at 10:12 AM, (please see attached picture), nearly two days and 21+ hours of dedicated, detailed and persistent research, collection, investigation and communication.  That's unacceptable and I understand and I fully understand the admittance of defeat.  Thankfully, I have the time, resources, patience and availability to pursue, whereas many of the others are not as fortunate.  That's where my motivation escalated.  It sickens me this continues to be occurring and poor policies, practices and expectations are still in place, against the victims nonetheless.  With my drive and will to not back down, I obtained the desired outcome.  Was it worth it?  It wasn't about the money or reimbursement, it was the completely unnecessary and inappropriate attack on me, requiring overwhelming time and resources to prove m innocence.  What was I guilty of?  I, as well as all of the other victims on this thread, went above and beyond to hold up our end of the deal.  We ordered our item and, more than likely, paid immediately thereafter.  The ball was no longer in our court.  Justification of not receiving a package, paid in full, should not rely upon the buyer.  It is my ultimate goal to continue to pursue this idiocy and mistreatment of loyal patrons to bring appropriate attention to prevent any future occurrences.  I won't back down, even offering my advocacy , time and resources to help clear the names of those being charged for no fault of their own.  Reiterating the useless policies of pp does,  in no way, justify a request for kudos or resolution.  If others are here for that reason, or to pursue their rank in the community forum, it may be time for them to step down, or, change gears and offer actual, feasible advice at resolution.  All of the victims on this thread understood the inappropriate requirements imposed upon them by pp and did not need to have it explained again, nearly verbatim, from any member, especially someone of your tenure.  They/we needed feasible advice to not only help resolve our cases and clear our names, but, at least a little advocacy and support for our disgust and completely inappropriate, unadjudicated attack on us, our values, our morals, our integrity, our character, our patronage or our will to do what is right for all parties involved.  for following through with the transaction, to the best of our ability, based upon our knowledge and available resources.  No one, with the front-line defense CSRs at pp had our sixes, leaving us flapping in the wind in hopes we would admit defeat, closing the case(s) most expediently as possible, all the while, eliminating the need to provide necessary or expected/promised resources for the victims.  That, in my book, does not make a dedicated, caring or compassionate/responsible company and clearly not one I will bet burned by or unnecessarily accused from ever again.  I produced, formatted and submitted overwhelming proof, on my behalf, which was continuously and sarcastically dismissed, in favor of the scammer.  pp was dead set on only one specific piece of evidence which proved impossible for some victims to obtain, causing them to not only lose their dignity, time and money, but being informed they had been defeated by the scammer.  Please explain to me why this should be considered acceptable business practices, specifically toward members with immaculate and untarnished records.  pp continues to accuse us of unjustified dishonesty, requiring us to step up and involve countless hours of our limited resources, specifically, our most precious and unrecoverable, TIME!!!  As I have been, and (fortunately) continue to be blessed with appropriate time to address these malpractices, I still won't back down!!!  Regretfully, it is too late to continue to pursue justice by those first burdened and harassed by these morons (scammers) and pp alike.  However, and most fortunately, I/we may be able to dedicate the resources to attempt to offer appropriate care, compassion, and more importantly, assistance, to those who continue to be taken advantage of by the imbeciles, nuisances to society, and pushed aside by those who consistently fail to appropriately provide even minimal dedication and assistance.  Please see below for appropriate attachments/pictures/resolution, and advice...

Have I made my point of view clear, crystal? 

Live Life, Make Memories, Rock On, and Pursue Happiness and Justice.

Criticism and recommendations welcome!!!  Kudos are not sought, wanted, desired or requested - please use kudos sparingly and dispense appropriately to deserving individuals.  Advocacy is voluntary, persistence, motivation and dedication is mandatory, reiteration of pp policies and procedures is both unnecessary and unwelcome.  We have already received the inexcusable and unnecessary counseling from pp and have not come to this thread, initiated posts, dedicated time and resources, shown motivation and persistence, and sought advice and compassion while here, only to have it, practically verbatim, forced down our throats again!!!  BOTTOM LINE - let's just get this **bleep** corrected and prevented from occurring!!!

Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 21-54-53 (61,483 unread) - redbrd2 yahoo com - Yahoo Mail.pngIMG_20210727_235947013.jpg

Login to Me Too

artdirdave
Contributor
Contributor
Well said that is exactly the issue is that it is a larger issue not just one incident and as we know it still is happening. I always want to add that you may see a few out of the hundreds/thousands that happen on a continuing basis, becuase a lot of people can’t stand to chase this for more that an hour like some of did. So they just say to hell with it an led go lick their wounds, how many more happen that you can even see or hear about. It is criminal to support the criminals.
Login to Me Too

SunShinex5
Contributor
Contributor

I did not give a green check that this was case was resolved, the notification thread shows PayPal_Vipin gave the check, I do not understand this, the only thing I did was give a thumbs up (Kudos) for replying to my post. Go figure!!

Login to Me Too

wolfeman175
Contributor
Contributor
They won by sending me a tracking number that they sent a envelope that wasnt my package which allows them to win the dispute I went to the post office and they pulled up the info and they sent there envelope (first/service) mail a 6 oz or less service when the package I bought was 4 size 10w workboots package should be in the pounds if it was ever sent I still havent seen it but they won the dispute and I'm out the money as of now I cant seen to get the case reopened
Login to Me Too

Winkler1000
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL has a big new issue on their hands.    Companies that have learned to FAKE shipping and delivery often using 17TRACK for the FAKE tracking.  They are closing cases in favor of the vendor and ripping off US - the customers.  The sellers have found a loop hope in PayPal they can exploit with impunity.  I have NOT received at least 8 packages in this last year of products I purchase on line with Paypal - AND - Paypal did not support the claim or even give me a change to make my case.     I have not lost a few hundred dollars and I will stop purchasing with PayPal because they are not staying on addressing this new form of fraudulent use of their product and system.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.