Fake Tracking numbers

SunShinex5
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, I'm blown away by all the comments on this community page. I've never had any issues with PayPal until recently, and everyone is right, you cannot talk to a live person, this is stupid. I had to file a claim which is still under review, and now I have another issue with the same problem, FAKE tracking numbers!! I have not filed a claim on the 2nd one yet because I was able to provide PayPal with a fake (stolen) phone number & the fact that the tracking # shows delivered 2 days before I placed an order, thinking they would investigate without me giving the seller heads up in the resolution center that we were onto them. But after reading everyone's stories & comments I'm starting to feel they (PAYPAL) will not help me or resolve these issues. This is ridiculous, where's the protection buying that paypal claims you have with them? If scammers can send fake tracking #'s showing your package was delivered & paypal goes with that and closes your case then what hope is there for our protection? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SunShinex5 

@eligit 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
72 REPLIES 72

eligit
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing here.

Paid $259 for an A/C that was never delivered.

Fake tracking, the whole nine yards.

Now they have "closed" the case and nobody will discuss it via phone.

When you try to report the transaction again it will not let you.

Utterly outrageous.

Only time anything like this has ever happened.

Login to Me Too

SunShinex5
Contributor
Contributor

This is so unfair. PayPal says you have buyer protection but.. there's also a seller protection and here is a quick update on that: from PayPal web page 

Establishing proof of delivery

Online or physical documentation from a shipping company that includes:

• Date of shipment
  • An address for the recipient that matches the shipping address on the Transaction Details
  • An address for the recipient showing at least the city/state, city/country, or zip/postal code (or international equivalent).

So basically, the fraudulent seller sends a fake tracking # with info from the 3rd line above, and your case gets closed because they showed it was delivered. Really paypal, that's all the protection you offer against the buyer getting what they paid for.. city, state & zip with no name or address is not PROOF. get real & do something about this!!

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SunShinex5 

@eligit 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SunShinex5
Contributor
Contributor

I will give it a try, but I read a lot of other comments saying the Currier would not give info because it wasn't in their name.  

By the way, I now have 2 cases.. both are still open. But I don't have much hope after reading all the comment of closed cases because the seller provided a fake tracking number. Can paypal not see that it showed it was delivered 2 days before I placed the order and that it can't be true information!! I mean for real.. since I opened the 2nd case today, paypal sent the info to the seller and they have already changed my order status to pending / payment failure. 

Ugh!!

Login to Me Too

eligit
Contributor
Contributor

I already sent paypal the info from UPS, including the fake tracking number where it says the package was delivered, etc.

Then they closed the case.

Total fail.

I also contacted paypal on twitter.

No response.

Anyway: everybody please avoid sprindcore.com because that is the site I was ripped off by.

Evidently if they rip you off paypal is useless in getting the money back.

Good luck all.

Login to Me Too

Winkler1000
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL has a big new issue on their hands.    Companies that have learned to FAKE shipping and delivery often using 17TRACK for the FAKE tracking.  They are closing cases in favor of the vendor and ripping off US - the customers.  The sellers have found a loop hope in PayPal they can exploit with impunity.  They show a FAKE delivery and Paypal drops the case in their favor.  I have NOT received at least 8 packages in this last year of products I purchase on line with Paypal - AND - Paypal did not support the claim or even give me a change to make my case.     I have now lost a few hundred dollars and I will stop purchasing with PayPal because they are not  addressing this new form of fraudulent use of their product and system and so they are loosing our TRUST as a financial service supplier

Login to Me Too

wolfeman175
Contributor
Contributor
I went to the post office and learned the package was first service which was a letter under 3 or 6 oz. Which proved they didn't send the boots I bought that let me say the package wasnt as described and I got my money back
Login to Me Too

Shahz2020
Contributor
Contributor
I have been through same thing. PayPal favors these sellers who shows their party fake shipping information. I am almost giving up on payal
Login to Me Too

UxbridgeAlan
Contributor
Contributor
I am going to close my Paypal account. It is full of scams and Paypal does not give a **bleep**.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.