Facebook shed ads a scam?

temp20220120d
Contributor
Contributor

I have been seeing a number of ads for a garden shed on Facebook for ridiculously inexpensive prices, ranging from$75-$159. Does anyone know if these are legitimate?  The following site has one for $75 and claims you can use Paypal. I would like to know if anyone knows about this site or has purchased this shed.

<Removed>

Login to Me Too
66 REPLIES 66

campolo11

what is paypal getting big money of these scams they should protect people that use it if not paypalshould be shut down. thank u john campolo

Login to Me Too

Alreadybeentake
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same issue with paypal on a pool I ordered
Login to Me Too

Temp20230525HY
Contributor
Contributor

Can I ask was the pool you had a problem with come from Himech?   I ask because I got hit by the shed and a pool

Login to Me Too

I recently purchased from an ad for a storage shed from Walmart at a clearance price of $99.00. I placed my order expecting a shipping confirmation soon after, I did not recive one. So I looked up in google to see if this could be a scam and sure enough it was. I mmediately reached out to Paypal to cancel this order and I could not cancel, so Inopened a dispute case and not even aday went by and it was denied, it seemed Paypal did not even try to checknon this even after stating I feel this is a scam. I am furious, I hope Paypal will get this corrected or I will not be using them anymore.
Login to Me Too

Vikkicsmith
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I also was caught up in the sheds scam but unlike others I did win the dispute (I'm not sure why my case was different) I did not receive an order acknowledgement from seller or a despatch notification or anything, I advised PP of this immediately after emailing seller requesting if they had received my order to cancel + if not to disregard. 2 days later the money appeared back in my account then a message from PP advising of refund + case closed. I really didn't expect to win my case after reading on here
Login to Me Too

Tremiker
You have to actually call PayPal to get your money back. I just got my refund yesterday. The new scam is toolboxes at ridiculously cheap prices. My husband had to have one even though I knew it was too good to be true. Just happy I was able to get a refund. They initially denied my claim because the seller provided a tracking number but when I spoke to customer service they investigated and ruled in my favor instead.
Login to Me Too

Cashjon
Contributor
Contributor
all PayPal has to do is look on their forums to see all the complaints. Plus other comments all over the net. They got me for $100, it’s not going to break me, it was a while back so I just it go, I really hope Karma goes over to China, it will be busy **bleep** slapping them scammers. It will come full circle one day.
Login to Me Too

Same scam with me too and my claim was was also denied by PayPal.  But I am not done.  I am in contact with the U.S. Postal Inspectors and the Federal Trade Commission.  These scammers are using the U.S. mail as an integral part of their scam.  Remember if the scammers didn't have the delivery confirmation from the USPS they wouldn't succeed in the dispute.  I recommend everyone who has been ripped off by this scam to contact the USPS Postal Inspectors.  Their telephone number is on the USPS home page.  Also, contact the Federal Trade Commission.  It is their responsibility to protect American consumers and if enough people call they will open an investigation.  Also, if you paid with a credit card through PayPal or otherwise remember to dispute this charge with your credit card issuer.  They will ask you for proof this was a scam so do this:  get the USPS tracking number from PayPal.  The tracking number is included in PayPal's response to your dispute.  Take the tracking number to the USPS in your town or call them.  Explain the scam and remember to tell them that the USPS delivery receipt is an integral part of the scam.  Ask them (the USPS) to send you an email with the details of the shipment linked to that tracking number and to include the "weight" of the package with the details.  The weight will show that it wasn't a garden shed that was mailed to your house.  Send that email to your credit card company.  If you paid by cash through PayPal, send the email to PayPal and ask them to reconsider their decision.  Last thing I am doing is I am contacting the State Attorney General's office in the state from where the bogus package with the USPS delivery confirmation was mailed.  I am making a report with their criminal investigations branch in hope they will open an investigation.  This is large scale criminal fraud.  I suspect there are many more victims than just us.  Let's get these %$#!

Login to Me Too

HR-SHOVENSTUFF
Contributor
Contributor
They are still doing it they got me today thank you for your post im going to do the same as you and try to get some kind of justice
Login to Me Too

Temp20231024BT
New Community Member
I ordered one and have not received it. The confirmation email states will arrive in 5 business days. It states paypal was used for the purchase. The links in the email are no longer good. If I ever receive my item I will update this.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.