Facebook shed ads a scam?

temp20220120d
Contributor
Contributor

I have been seeing a number of ads for a garden shed on Facebook for ridiculously inexpensive prices, ranging from$75-$159. Does anyone know if these are legitimate?  The following site has one for $75 and claims you can use Paypal. I would like to know if anyone knows about this site or has purchased this shed.

<Removed>

Login to Me Too
66 REPLIES 66

Kerick528
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to my husband when he got a kayak and used PayPal. They sent me a text saying it was delivered and it was at the mailbox the mailbox I went outside and there was nothing at the the mailbox. Inside was a tiny little plastic disk with a tracking number.. I submitted it to PayPal for for a complaint and to get our money back of a $100 And they denied it
Login to Me Too

temp20220120c
Contributor
Contributor
Me too. They denied my case and appeal. I'm trying to appeal again
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @Lindalee1456,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I'm sorry to hear that your case and appeal were denied. I understand how frustrating this would be.

If you need additional assistance, I suggest contacting our Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website page to view available options. You can also reach out by sending us a private message on Facebook or a direct message on Twitter.

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Bruce703
Contributor
Contributor
I also was told was delivered PayPal denied my claim I called them and said look at the size and the weight this is an 8 x10 storage shed within one day the refunded me.
Login to Me Too

JustLivinLife
New Community Member

Looks like PayPal/Synchrony Bank doesn't protect its Customers from Scams at all and let anybody from anywhere just use their services to defraud People! I've been trying to get my money back for over two years nearly $600 for a generator I never received which was "Supposedly" delivered to my home within 11 hrs of my order (from across the globe)  per the counterfeit Tracking info from UPS who cannot find such tracking number!  I submitted all of this info to PayPal and Synchrony Bank who agreed that it would have been impossible to deliver that quick but take Seller's fraudulent UPS tracking info as fact! Even though I offered Video evidence from my Ring Doorbell camera which records all activity including deliveries. UPS has also confirmed that its not their tracking number yet after having to start new case after case after case (11 total) and two years later, I'm being told that now it's been too long!!!  PAY PAL DOES NOT LOOK AFTER THEIR CUSTOMERS ON THE  CONSUMER SIDE...YET CONTINUES TO ALLOW FRAUD TO BE COMMITTED VIA THEIR PAY SYSTEM AND DOESN'T DO ANYTHING TO STOP IT!!!

Login to Me Too

JohnQPublic2
Contributor
Contributor
I found that 80% of the ads on Facebook are scams ! Facebook should be held accountable for this. It's on their website ! I filled out a request for a quote to replace 3 windows at my home. I got 9 calls, 15 text messages all in the first 10 minutes from submitting my request. The calls and texts persisted for 4 days. There's no link to stop it ! I will never use anything posted on Facebook. In fact, I am going to delete My Facebook account. I don't need that crap. I'm a hard working Man and deserve to be treated better than that. Facebook makes $Billions off of My name and account. Not any more.
Login to Me Too

Cashjon
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to see you were also scammed as I was. PayPal denied my dispute because they sent PayPal a tracking number showing delivered but it was a small garbage box. 
I received a white small cardboard box with trash paper in it. It’s a huge scam that PayPal is unknowingly helping them by denying our disputes. I had no idea the empty box was from them, it was just trash and I never did receive a tracking number until the dispute was denied. Then it all came back to me after I seen the package was delivered to my small corner mailbox. Of course no storage shed will fit in a small box so that’s when I remembered that I received this empty box that day and the scam all came together. 

Login to Me Too

Alreadybeentake
Contributor
Contributor
I like to know how paypal can get ahold of them cause when I try at the email they give it says it's not an official email. No mail goes to it
Login to Me Too

Cashjon
Contributor
Contributor
Ya I did too, it was a box 1”x2” and had paper in it. When I seen it in my mail box with delivery confirmation sticker on it. I thought what the hell is this? So I threw it in the trash. After not receiving this shed I contacted payscam. They said the shipper had delivery confirmation. And said it was delivered to postal box. I sent payscam a photo of my postal box and said , how can a big box with large pieces get in there? They did nothing, they are enabling these criminal Chinese scammers. Just think, 100 scams a week times 52 weeks that’s $36400, likely a lot more. Facebook allows it, PayPal handles their criminal funds. Maybe PayPal is getting a cut
Login to Me Too

Cashjon
Contributor
Contributor
Case closed

Case ID: PP-D-64714941

I did not receive any tracking number or any info, so I put a dispute into PayPal. They denied it.

This is how this scam works, I ordered a shed off shopify and paid with PayPal. The shed never arrives, this is how the scam works, at least for me and one other person. They ship a small box with a tracking number (this is how the disputes get denied) the box (mine) had paper in it and I had no idea what it was or whey it was sent. It was in my small 5”x5” mail box, you know the ones at the corner where people pick up their mail. I just threw it away because it was trash and I had no idea why it came to me. After going on PayPal furious that my dispute was denied I noticed the dispute had a tracking number in it. I tracked the number and see it said it was put in my mailbox, NO SHED WILL EVER FIT IN A MAIL BOX. That’s when I realized what happened, I asked my wife if she remembered that package that day and she said yes, it had paper in it.  So this is how they get away with it, it’s a scam that PayPal needs to stop allowing. The other post on here said he at least received some post it’s for their $90.00. I got a cardboard white box with trash in it. IT has to stop PayPal. You are allowing these scammers to rip off your clients.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.