Facebook market place purchase

Bunkybest
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I am looking to buy a camera from Facebook market place. It is a private seller but they are keen to use PayPal for protection both sides. What is the best way to go about this. Do I need an email request and pay as goods and services? Would it be worth having an email to confirm refund policy ie if it doesn’t arrive or is faulty?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bunkybest 

You may request a PayPal invoice sent to your PayPal email address or send payment from your PayPal account with seller’s PayPal email address and then choosing (depending on PayPal app or website method) “Paying for an item or service” or “Goods and services” option as instructed here: How do I send money?

If there is a problem with transaction, you can contact the recipient to request a refund of any payment for up to 180 days after you sent it.

If someone refuses to refund your money, but you feel you’re entitled to a refund, you may open a dispute in the Resolution Centre, within 180 days of the payment date, provided your issue meets certain criteria. See What is PayPal Buyer Protection and how am I covered?

It’s best to ask the recipient to use the Issue a refund link and not the Send Money feature. Ask the seller to find the payment in their ‘Activities’, click on it and then click Issue a refund. By using this link any refunded amount will return to your PayPal balance, bank account or card, depending on how the payment was originally funded.

Refunds to your credit card can take up to 30 days, depending on your credit card company.

You can request the seller’s return policy if there is one but execute the return process through PayPal dispute in case the seller tries something then  you can escalate to a PayPal claim for PayPal to step in and help.

You may be required to return item with tracking to provide proof of delivery in order to get a refund as settlement of PayPal claim.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.