Facebook hacked and ads placed without authority

Ag445
New Community Member

My Facebook was hacked on 22 June and linked to my business account which PayPal have now charged me two amounts totalling £110 for ads I didn’t place and I have no access to as my account is disabled on Facebook. Has anyone resolved theirs on here?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ag445 

Call customer service to dispute them as unauthorized, make sure you tell them your Facebook account was hacked but how in the world did they link your PayPal, they have to know your PayPal password to link right?

Note that PayPal will auto close claim if the transactions were made under a billing agreement (aka pre-authorization). Beef up the security of your device, sweep for malware/virus. Secure your online accounts too by changing passwords, set up 2FA. Even wipe your device and restore and reinstall apps.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ag445 

Call customer service to dispute them as unauthorized, make sure you tell them your Facebook account was hacked but how in the world did they link your PayPal, they have to know your PayPal password to link right?

Note that PayPal will auto close claim if the transactions were made under a billing agreement (aka pre-authorization). Beef up the security of your device, sweep for malware/virus. Secure your online accounts too by changing passwords, set up 2FA. Even wipe your device and restore and reinstall apps.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Melivel
New Community Member
Me too. And I can’t contact Facebook for a resolution because my account is disabled.
Login to Me Too

norrcor1
Contributor
Contributor
Me too! Mine was hacked and Facebook just disabled my account! What a joke! Did you ever get it sorted as I can’t get through to Facebook at all thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.