Extortion/blackmail refund

WilliamBilson
Contributor
Contributor

Last night I was blackmailed for 700 dollars, leaving 9 dollars in my bank account. The perpetrator threatened to send an explicit video of me which they proved they have, to all of my friends and family on facebook which they proved they could do. If I request a refund for this I assume the perpetrator will see a refund request and will then send that video to everyone. Is there a way to get my extorted money back without the perpetrator being notified by PayPal? Please help me, I have no more money!!!

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

WilliamBilson
Contributor
Contributor

Do you know any way that I could call and speak to a real person from PayPal rather than their general automated stuff? I can only seem to talk to robots when I call them.

Login to Me Too

West_Ghost
What ever happened with this? I’m going through this situation right now
Login to Me Too

Bezza2
Contributor
Contributor
Did you manage to figure it out?
Login to Me Too

tgalloway12
New Community Member
I am in the exact same boat here. They were from the Philippines and I’m afraid opening up a dispute they will get it and spread the pictures to my family and friends.
Login to Me Too

GuardIan4220
New Community Member
Just out of curiosity, what's the account name? I'm being forced to send $500 a month to some **bleep** in the Philippines and the account name is always some variation of the last name Aurelio. Is it the same for you?
Login to Me Too

Liamh95
Did anything come from this, this has happened to me
Login to Me Too

Brandon256
Did they leave you alone after? I have someone offering to send a screen capture of them deleting the images. They could have them saved so many places.
Login to Me Too

MikeDL1010
Contributor
Contributor
I am going through a similar situation. They said that once the money was received we would do a video call on the "LINE" app and show me that they deleted the info. I am not doing another video call since that's what got me in this mess and it could just be another trap. What happened in your case?
Login to Me Too

Van_Cane
Contributor
Contributor
I'm in the same boat as you... ( A different person from the Philippines got me... Still Threatening me... after...
Login to Me Too

Brandon256
What happened after you paid? Did they offer to send you a screen capture of them deleting everything? And did they?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.