Every time I have attempted to buy crypto my account has been limited

uthubomb
New Community Member

Now going on line, i see horror stories of Paypal without explanation permanently locking and confiscating people's money, if they try to sell crypto.  I highly regret buying crypto through Paypal and I want out, but I also fear if I try to get out, they will confiscate my money and close my account. Is there anyone here who has successfully withdrawn their crypto without Paypal cracking down? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DMJohnston1
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happened to me - crypto purchase, account locked, PayPal refusing to return the money. The most generous explanation is that the PayPal bots are looking for "unusual" activity, and the relatively novelty of the feature means that it's unusual for everyone. If you currently have use of your account, I would recommend withdrawing all money currently in the account and then removing any bank accounts or credit cards before trying anything else with the crypto section, as this will minimize the harm PayPal can cause to you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.