Erroneous Credit Card Charge from PAYPAL *ALIPAYSINGA AL

Digby34
New Community Member

I sent a message to PAYPAL this morning about an erroneous charge in the pending area of my credit card account. My PAYPAL transaction history shows no activity in the relavent toime period so I cannot open a dispute in PAYPAL. No response from PAYPAL after (8) hours. Should I cancel the PAYPAL account as I feel it may be compromised?

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

Mwa006
New Community Member

MiCause
New Community Member

Me Too!!!  Just now two charges showed up on my phone after the usual 1 USD tester charge, then they went to work with two consecutive charges.  How do I undo this and prevent it?  Like yourself, no charges show up on my Paypal account, but I can see the two pending payments from my account.

Login to Me Too

DMCJ
Contributor
Contributor
Get in touch with your bank. They should be able to open a dispute and be able to assist you. The person is using some AliPay digital wallet type thing. ALIPAYSINGA AL is AliPay Singapore. Seems like they are using that service in an attempt to attach it to people's PayPal, and they got our bank info from somewhere where there was a security breach. Change all your passwords, too.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

The same thing happened to me yesterday. They used this PayPal account, ALIPAYSINGA AL, to make  4 purchases, total is more than $430!! and 1USD twice! and this activities don't appear in my PayPal account. I called the bank and get my card cancelled. Currently I'm changing all my passwords in all online stores. 

I hope to find some explanation on this, and who behind it???

Login to Me Too

Saleh2022
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same problem. The administration should suspend the account or clarify the matter
Login to Me Too

Temp20230526AU
New Community Member

I had the same problem in January. They took me for $750. I thought that the bank was done with my claim as the funds were added back to my account. On Saturday I received a letter from my bank stating "the merchant provided evidence to support the validity of the Point of Sale (POS) transactions. Are you kidding me. I'm just sitting here waiting for customer service to open to talk to them.

Login to Me Too

lmaustinwi
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the same situation. I contacted Chase immediately about the fraud. They suspended the charge, "investigated" and came back saying I was responsible because I received benefit from the charge. I called again asked for supporting documents which they had to snail mail to me. I received a USPS tracking number. I took it to my local PO who tracked it and gave me more information. The "package" they mailed me weighed 1 oz. I emailed the fraud recovery office a scan of the document from the PO. I received a letter from Chase yesterday saying they confirmed their original findings and I am responsible for the charge! WHAT!! I am about to call them again.

Have you had any success in getting the charges removed for good?

Login to Me Too

lmaustinwi
Contributor
Contributor

@Anonymous_User, @Temp20230526AU I finally have resolution to my dispute regarding this fraud claim. I basically did all of the legwork for Chase. -_- 

First, I finally got a rep who was willing to do something! I had emailed them tracking info I received from my local USPS which was much more detailed than what Chase had received from this fraud company. It showed the address it was mailed from, which was a residential address not a business. It also showed that the "package" they mailed for two dollars and change weighed 1oz. I don't know of any sneakers that weigh 1oz. The rep informed me that they had received the tracking info, but because they hadn't received it sooner my claim had been closed again and the tracking document was never attached to my claim of fraud. She reopened the case for the third time, attached the tracking information that I had sent and asked if I had emailed them my PayPal statement for that month. I replied that no one had requested that information from me before. While I was on the phone with her, I logged into PayPal and requested my January statement as a PDF. This did take a few minutes to generate, but I was able to email it to them while she remained on the phone with me. She had planned to call me the next morning to confirm receipt of the email, but while still on the phone she actually received it.

I received a letter from Chase dated March 27 that I am not responsible for this charge. No fricking kidding I'm not responsible!

Here is the complete timeline:

January 10 - fraudulent charge shows up on my account and is reported the same day. Charge is initially removed from my account,

February 22 - date of first letter telling me that I am responsible for the charge because "I received benefit from this transaction", I request they reopen the claim of fraud,

February 23 - date of letter sending me a copy of the USPS tracking they received showing the package was delivered to me, 

March 6 - I finally receive the tracking document

March 8 - I get detailed tracking document from my local USPS, contact Chase for the third time and emailed Chase the detailed tracking document

March 10 - date of letter telling me they reviewed my fraud claim and confirmed it was a valid charge

March 15 - I receive letter dated March 10

March 17 - I call Chase for the fourth time. I find they closed the claim because I had not sent them further information. Claim is reopened again. This time the detailed tracking is actually attached to the claim and I am asked for the first time if I have also submitted my PayPal statement for the month of January. I had not, this information is also emailed to Chase and attached to my claim.

March 27 - date of letter from Chase saying they have again reviewed my fraud claim and I am NOT responsible for the transaction and the amount of the transaction as well as any related interest and charges/fees will be credited to my account.

April 5 - letter received

DO NOT give up! Keep calling. It stinks, but you actually need to do the legwork yourself, your card company will not actually do it. They want it handed to them on a silver platter.

Login to Me Too

Knhoney
Contributor
Contributor
Did you ever get an answer from your bank? Dealing with this now.
Login to Me Too

lmaustinwi
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, if you read my April 14 post I detailed what I did. Someone posted in the last few days that they did basically the same thing I did and finally resolved this fraud also. Good luck! Be persistent!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.