Email with fees to pay to receive estimate

Duvessa91
New Community Member

Hello! I was wondering if this is an email from PayPal? Is it normal that if you receive a gift from abroad you need yo pay fees and this message comes from [removed]??? It says that I received an estimate from abroad but I don't know if this is someone that wants to scam me to pay the fees or this is real?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Duvessa91

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I understand someone has said they're going to send you a payment, but you received an email stating you need to pay fees first. I apologize for the concern this has caused, and I'll be happy to help. Please do not pay the fees in question. PayPal will never require you to pay any upfront fees to receive a payment. You can learn more about common scams as well as how to determine if an email is from PayPal by selecting the links I've included for our Help Center. 

I hope this helps. Stay safe! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.