Email stating I sent money to Nova Armory

diwaid
New Community Member

Good Morning,  Has anyone else ever received a Email stating that They sent money to "Nova Armory"?  This is the second time this has happened.  I'm sure this did not come from PayPal, BUT wat to make sue o money goes to these people.  I can never find a way to ask PayPal about this, and not sure how to make sure these people do not take my money!

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

ARMINIUS
New Community Member

I just got mine this morning (31 March 21).  Looks Real!

Login to Me Too

Jmsma1000

Received email saying my account would charged $470. Email from N-SOHO with charge placed to 

Nova Armory. “Help Desk” number was a Denver area code.

Login to Me Too

Pattyv
Yes, I received this today. I checked my account and nothing. The embark address is a personal Gmail account
Login to Me Too

Lampshade823
New Community Member
Got the same message said that amount was $450. Sent message to PayPal. Said it was not legitimate. Nothing has been deducted from my account. This is unreal & no one needs this kind of harassment.
Login to Me Too

Art-vandelay
Same here. Called the number and realized something was not right when they asked me to download a remote access app in order to send me the dispute form.
Login to Me Too

Srl88
I got an email saying I paid $999.00.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Srl88 

If its a spoof then NEVER USE ANY LINK OR ANY PHONE NUMBER.

Firstly if the email/text addressed you as ''Dear Member'' / ''Customer'' / ''Client'' OR your ''email address'' then that confirms its a spoof as paypal would address you by your full name eg Dear John Smith.

Secondly if there was a link OR attachment in that email/text to ''cancel'' any transaction or ''confirm'' any details then again it would be a spoof.

Also if they ask you to call the number in the email then it would be fake paypal agents trying to scam you for money to 'fix' something. 

If there was a problem with your account Paypal would not ask you to click on an unsafe link in an email / download an attachment OR phone them on a number in an email, they would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message centre for more information.

More info here >>
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-to-spot-fake-emails-faq2340/2
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/suspicious-activity

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dan357
I also received email. 2/8/2022
Login to Me Too

crazeeclown
New Community Member

It seems as this fake message from PayPal is doing the rounds again. I received it today 7th January 2022.. same MO as all the other fake emails . I have posted the email content below.. Although there were no clickable links in the email it was obvious it was fake. Best thing you can do when you receive any email pertaining to your PayPal account is log in through your web browser to check your PayPal account and never ever click on links in the email.

===================================================================================================================

Ordèr Total : $899.99

Receipt Number :&nbs[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/span>

Please keep this reference number for future communication, you will need it if you contact customer service for assistance.

Assistance Contact # [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/span>

Thank you for your purchase, hope to see you shopping again

Please do not reply to this email, it is an auto generated email, you will not get a response.

PayPal - [removed], San Jose, CA [removed]

PayPal

Order Receipt # TXF799-38192
Dated: 06 Jan , 2022
TFN :
 [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/span>

Dear Existing Customer ,

You've successfully sent a payment of $899.99 to Nova Armory Inc.

This charge will appear on your statement in sometime as Pay-Pal RTN Charge.

Shop with confidence we keep your financial information secure. Transaction monitored 24/7.

Merchant Information : "Nova Armory Inc"
Instructions to Merchant : None Specified
Shipping Method : Standard Delivery

===========================================================================================================================

Login to Me Too

CoopT
Contributor
Contributor

My email said Springfield Armory, Inc.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.