Email stating I sent money to Nova Armory

diwaid
New Community Member

Good Morning,  Has anyone else ever received a Email stating that They sent money to "Nova Armory"?  This is the second time this has happened.  I'm sure this did not come from PayPal, BUT wat to make sue o money goes to these people.  I can never find a way to ask PayPal about this, and not sure how to make sure these people do not take my money!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Srl88 

If its a spoof then NEVER USE ANY LINK OR ANY PHONE NUMBER.

Firstly if the email/text addressed you as ''Dear Member'' / ''Customer'' / ''Client'' OR your ''email address'' then that confirms its a spoof as paypal would address you by your full name eg Dear John Smith.

Secondly if there was a link OR attachment in that email/text to ''cancel'' any transaction or ''confirm'' any details then again it would be a spoof.

Also if they ask you to call the number in the email then it would be fake paypal agents trying to scam you for money to 'fix' something. 

If there was a problem with your account Paypal would not ask you to click on an unsafe link in an email / download an attachment OR phone them on a number in an email, they would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message centre for more information.

More info here >>
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-to-spot-fake-emails-faq2340/2
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/suspicious-activity

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

WICHARLIE
New Community Member

I got an email saying I authorized a payment to Nova Armory for $799 with a receipt number and a transfer date from my bank account.  But no transfer was done. and I emailed Paypal to initiate a complaint.

Login to Me Too

Pattyv
How did you Webcam PayPal? I received same email
Login to Me Too

Qlandsam
New Community Member
I just got the same message.
Login to Me Too

hutton24
New Community Member

I have had the same thing and also repeated phone calls from a number in Washington D.C. How do we stop this. No money has left my account but I do to like this!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hutton24 

You can't stop scammers trying to scam, way of the world unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Veloman1985
Contributor
Contributor
I also received an Email stating I had a PayPal payment pending to Nova Armory, Inc for 699.99. Received Email 19 Feb 2021. Like other community members the message looked “real,” had an order ID number and a receipt number. Also included a California area code phone number;[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] Immediately checked PayPal to see if this charge had gone through, and also my linked card account. No transaction for the amount had been processed. Suspect this is a scam that may download malware if you click on highlighted phone number or any other link in the message. Best thing to do is immediately delete the message and block the phone number listed on the message
Login to Me Too

Lareaper
New Community Member

I got it too, today 3/5/21

Login to Me Too

carol310
New Community Member

I received the same message, came immediately before my Lifelock message.

Login to Me Too

JuliainNY
New Community Member

I got it too, as well as the LifeLock phishing e-mails. Whatever you do, DO NOT click the link or call the phone number.  It is a scam and was even written up as "Scam of teh day" back in October on Scamicide.   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.