Email asking for more info, but nothing about it in account

Smerkinmerkin
New Community Member
I received an email a couple of days ago, and an SMS just now, saying that PayPal "needs to collect some additional information" or else the functionality of my account will be impacted. The email and SMS both appear genuine (all links in the email genuinely lead to PayPal, no links in SMS, etc) However, logging into my account, both in the app and browser, shows nothing about the need for further information. Nothing in notifications, nothing when looking at my account information etc. I'm not sure if perhaps the email and SMS were sent in error and I don't need to do a thing, or if I'm missing something in my account.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Paypal_Ashley1

Hello @Smerkinmerkin!

Welcome to the PayPal Community. Thank you so much for taking the time to post. 

I understand you have received an email requesting additional information or details. I know this can be concerning. You may want to review the details here to ensure the email is genuine. If so, please visit your Resolution Center to see if any actions are requiring your attention. Be sure you access it from the full desktop PayPal website, not the app or mobile site.

I hope these details point you in the right direction. If not, please reach out.  You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Thanks!

- Ashley

If you find this or any other post was useful or helpful, feel free to make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.