Easy Ticketing dispute

Hellybelly02
Contributor
Contributor
Easy Ticketing has cancelled a concert, originally scheduled for February 2021, then rescheduled for March 2022. I paid by Pay Pal but the resolution centre states I can apply for a refund within 180 days of purchase but it’s been nearly 2 years since the original purchase date. What can I do please?
Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Hellybelly02
Contributor
Contributor
If they are not insolvent then it must be up to the company to refund us. Under their own T&Cs it states they won’t give a refund unless the gig is cancelled. As they have cancelled, then I would think they would have to pay. It sounds more and more dodgy by the day.
Login to Me Too

kerry2022
Contributor
Contributor

I have also just found out that the address listed for them on companies house (mercia house, coventry) is actually for Cromell and Co Insolvancy, and this has been their registered business address since May 2021....

Contact Cromwell Insolvency

Something isn't right about that.......given they continued to sell tickets up until Monday this week.

How people get away with stuff like this is disgusting.

Login to Me Too

Hodge85
New Community Member

Same here. I'm down £77 for a gig that was booked in March 2020, but cancelled yesterday.

Booked through PayPal but using my debit card.

Anyone think there is any chance of seeing that money again?

Login to Me Too

Hellybelly02
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately I don’t think so as you paid with debit card and you are not covered under section 75.
Login to Me Too

Chatterbox84
Contributor
Contributor

My husband runs a Ltd company and has sadly had dealings with this kind of thing before - he says creditors are informed automatically when a company goes insolvent, and each individual is sent a list of who is owed what - in this case, it may include the acts that were perhaps owed fees in the event of a cancellation out of their hands. After the insolvency firm calculates what's left at the end (after their charges etc), you may or may not get some money. It could take months!

Bottom line, I'm sending them a letter by recorded delivery asking for my money because I've nothing else to lose...

Login to Me Too

kerry2022
Contributor
Contributor

Where are you sending the letter? Cromwell and Co?

Login to Me Too

Chatterbox84
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, can't hurt I guess 😫 not holding out much hope but stranger things have happened!

interesting thread here too, someone was successful just yesterday with Lloyds Bank!

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6279622/easy-ticketing-rescheduled-events/p4

Login to Me Too
Solved

shearn89
Contributor
Contributor

Some good news this evening:

A PayPal spokesman told the Northants Telegraph: "Most of our customers use PayPal every day without any issues, but sometimes things don’t go as expected and that’s why we offer our Buyer Protection programme. Customers have 180 days from the date of a payment to tell us about a problem with their purchase under PayPal’s Buyer Protection programme.

"Given the exceptional circumstances, we have decided to accept and review Buyer Protection claims after the 180-day deadline for customers who used PayPal to pay Simple Ticketing for tickets to events.

"We will be using our discretion to make goodwill refunds to customers who have eligible claims under the terms of the Buyer Protection programme.

"We will be contacting customers who have already made a claim, including those whose claims we previously rejected as beyond the 180-day deadline. We will also consider further claims.

"We’d like to thank customers for their patience as we work through their claims in these exceptional circumstances."

From: https://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/news/people/paypal-we-will-accept-refund-claims-after-wicksteed...

So it looks like they'll be going back through claims raised against Simple Ticketing and refunding at least some of the money, hopefully all!

Login to Me Too

Hellybelly02
Contributor
Contributor
Brilliant thank you, I’ve just sent a message to see what they say this time. Thank you for sharing this
Login to Me Too

Chatterbox84
Contributor
Contributor

Old thread, I know...

Did anyone / everyone have any luck and get an automatic refund in the end? I've not received one, but I suspect my method of purchase (Paypal Credit) might mean I'm not entitled. Annoying as I paid it 'off' the following month, I only used it to keep the purchase a secret from my husband in the joint account 😞

Came across this article which states refunds were being authorised automatically by Paypal after The One Show got in touch with PP..

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/paypal-refunds-jason-manford-john-23129434 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.