Easy Ticketing dispute

Hellybelly02
Contributor
Contributor
Easy Ticketing has cancelled a concert, originally scheduled for February 2021, then rescheduled for March 2022. I paid by Pay Pal but the resolution centre states I can apply for a refund within 180 days of purchase but it’s been nearly 2 years since the original purchase date. What can I do please?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

shearn89
Contributor
Contributor

Some good news this evening:

A PayPal spokesman told the Northants Telegraph: "Most of our customers use PayPal every day without any issues, but sometimes things don’t go as expected and that’s why we offer our Buyer Protection programme. Customers have 180 days from the date of a payment to tell us about a problem with their purchase under PayPal’s Buyer Protection programme.

"Given the exceptional circumstances, we have decided to accept and review Buyer Protection claims after the 180-day deadline for customers who used PayPal to pay Simple Ticketing for tickets to events.

"We will be using our discretion to make goodwill refunds to customers who have eligible claims under the terms of the Buyer Protection programme.

"We will be contacting customers who have already made a claim, including those whose claims we previously rejected as beyond the 180-day deadline. We will also consider further claims.

"We’d like to thank customers for their patience as we work through their claims in these exceptional circumstances."

From: https://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/news/people/paypal-we-will-accept-refund-claims-after-wicksteed...

So it looks like they'll be going back through claims raised against Simple Ticketing and refunding at least some of the money, hopefully all!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

solabound
New Community Member

I contacted my bank this morning, they have said we have to wait a week or two for the administrators to decide whether they will issue a refund, and if they dont we can start a chargeback claim or a section 75 claim for the money (only if over £100). I dont know what paypals policy is on this tho.

Login to Me Too

Hellybelly02
Contributor
Contributor
I did that with my tickets that I paid for directly with my credit card. I had a few concerts booked. The tickets that I paid through PayPal were only £55, and I know when Thomas Cook went under, the bank wouldn’t do anything if paid through PayPal. It looks like I might have to write it off to experience. Thank you
Login to Me Too

shearn89
Contributor
Contributor

I just spoke to PayPal about this - paid £137.50 for two tickets to a concert that was delayed twice and then cancelled. PayPal won't do a thing, and I used my balance not a card to pay so no other provider to speak to! I've raised a case with the financial ombudsman here: https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact-us/complain-online

Also tweeted Martin Lewis to see if he's got any advice!

Login to Me Too

TJM95
New Community Member
I have had the exact same response from PayPal. I have contacted the financial ombudsman and put in a complaint
Login to Me Too

Hellybelly02
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you
Login to Me Too

Chatterbox84
Contributor
Contributor

I paid using Paypal Credit as was a gift for my husband - paid it off from my bank account 2 weeks later. Neither Paypal or Barclays will help me...£185 down the Swanee!

Login to Me Too

Hellybelly02
Contributor
Contributor
It’s crap isn’t it. I feel the company have just held on to our money until they knew it was too late for us to get a refund. The only other option now is to find out who the liquidators are and stake a claim.
Login to Me Too

kerry2022
Contributor
Contributor

SIMPLE TICKETING LTD filing history - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-informat...

M&B PROMOTIONS LTD filing history - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-informatio...

I think these are the two companies that own easyticketing.co.uk - details of owners and financial reports all available here. Looks like they've never really filed any sort of accounts so who knows how the company was doing behind the scenes. But may be worth adding these links to the any complaints that go to financial ombudsman or watchdog.

I am £137.50 down, have just opened a claim with my bank but not holding my breath due to all the reasons already mentioned here! So angry!

Login to Me Too

Chatterbox84
Contributor
Contributor
My bank have had none of it 😞 numerous attempts including today with the news yesterday. Unfortunately section 75 doesn’t apply to me as I didn’t use a credit card (lesson learnt) so if you did try that as the rules are different. The financial ombudsman applies to bank complaints but the citizens advice told me in an insolvency case to go through those channels - so I’ve emailed companies house asking for the details as not currently showing as insolvent. Will update here as and when! Was literally going to set up a county court summons today before the email came through yesterday… 🙄
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.