Duo Tongguang Electronic Commerce Co., Ltd.

Rachellegend
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had any dealings with this co? Ive purchased but now worried about it being a scam after reading a lot on the forums? Will i be protected by PayPal? Can i cancel my order via PayPal as the money has not been taken yet from my bank account, its just been authorised

Login to Me Too
926 REPLIES 926

jjdaviez
Contributor
Contributor
Open a case ASAP
Login to Me Too

angela5050
Contributor
Contributor
Scammers
Login to Me Too

celadonpalace
Contributor
Contributor

Believe me, you don't want the kitten.

Login to Me Too

Tbrown1
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry but you have lost your money. PayPal won't do anything about it
Login to Me Too

DalBorgo
Contributor
Contributor

The modus operandi of these scammers is this:

1) You order and pay for your order via PayPal

2) You will not receive the goods for quite a while

3) You lodge a complaint with PayPal for not receiving the goods. PayPal tells you to get in touch with the scammers to report this.

4) Within a few days you will receive a parcel with some sort of crappy toy inside, nothing like what you have ordered

5) You go back to PayPal to report the receipt of a parcel of rubbish. PayPal urges you to take it up directly with the scammers

6) The scammers apologise for “the inconvenience” and offer to compensate you with a refund eg. of eg.$5.00 out of the $30 and much more that you have paid and ..... as a generous gesture to keep what they have sent you!

7) You go back  to PayPal and demand the full refund. They reply that your case is dismissed because you have received the goods as the scammers OrderedOrderedReceivedReceivedhave supplied them with details of the parcel they have sent you. But NOT of the content! They only look at your initial complaint that you had not received the goods .... nothing else!   

7) You go back to 

7) 

7) 

Login to Me Too

DalBorgo
Contributor
Contributor

The modus operandi of these scammers is this:

1) You order and pay for your order via PayPal

2) You will not receive the goods for quite a while

3) You lodge a complaint with PayPal for not receiving the goods. PayPal tells you to get in touch with the scammers to report this.

4) Within a few days you will receive a parcel with some sort of crappy toy inside, nothing like what you have ordered

5) You go back to PayPal to report the receipt of a parcel of rubbish. PayPal urges you to take it up directly with the scammers

6) The scammers apologise for “the inconvenience” and offer to compensate you with a refund eg. of eg.$5.00 out of the $30 and much more that you have paid and ..... as a generous gesture to keep what they have sent you!

7) You go back  to PayPal and demand the full refund. They reply that your case is dismissed because you have received the goods as the scammers have supplied them with the postage details of the rubbish they have sent you. PayPal does not look at your complaints for NOT receiving what you have ordered. Conclusion:OrderedOrderedhave supplied them with details of the parcel they have sent you. But NOT of the content! They only look at your initial complaint that you had not received the goods .... nothing else!   

7) You go back to 

7) 

7) 

Login to Me Too

TOMFERN
Contributor
Contributor

The exact same thing happened to me...except I ordered 3 of those dolls for a total of over $65.00! I got 3 dollar store rag dolls instead! Paypal does nothing but cancel my request for help! I question whether or not they even get the complaint, or that's part of the scam! They told me at one point to file a police report!!!! Does that sound like Paypal???

Login to Me Too

Lips369
Contributor
Contributor
Here's food for thought. Anyone who's ordered from Wish ? I have ordered some from the site and from Amazon too! Why does it only take 2-4 days with Amazon orders yet They both get their product from China.! ?? Wish it takes ...the same time frame as the scammers orders, the items that are sent are TOTALLY NOT what is portrayed in the pictures or descriptions, the same mannerisms via virtual assistance or scammer 'customer support' . The packaging on ALL OF WISH orders- bags- exactly the same but different as what my phony item arrived. I came across a list of helpful tips to help spot a scam before becoming a victim In the process of my investigating being a victim of this scam,. HERE IS THE LIST Useful Checklists Before buy something from a new site: 1) Check if the site has a "contact us" web page 2) Avoid online shops that use free email providers (i.e hotmail, gmail) 3) Check if the site shows info about its company (name, address, country) 4) Check if the site has an "about us" or "company" web page 5) Check if the site has a valid VAT or Partita IVA number (EU only) 6) Don't be fooled by low prices, if it looks too good to be true, pay attention 7) Check if the site has a social profile (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) 😎 Try to always first contact the website owner via email 9) Analyze the domain WHOIS data to find info about the site owner 10) Look for possible English (or other language) grammar errors 11) Do not pay via credit-card, use PayPal instead (easier to get refunds) 12) Verify that the website is certified by McAfee SECURE 13) Never enter sensitive information on non-HTTPS pages Here's the start of the fat to chew on. APPLYING THAT to the WISH app. It totally falls under the SCAMMER list! Copying photos from othe sites and the whole shabang. Now, because they ARE a legit scam, WHAT IF THESE SCAMMERS are ONE AND THE SAME AS THOSE BEHIND WISH?! IF THAT'S THE case, then Wish and Amazon would be potential legitimate online business fronts giving way to this Online Scam ring!
Login to Me Too

Tbrown1
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same thing with Wish. Scam company. They ripped me off for $100. Never sent the items I ordered and overpaid for. PayPal did nothing and closed the case
Login to Me Too

jjdaviez
Contributor
Contributor
Which website did you get it from? Sounds like the one they’ve scammed me on
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.