Duo Tongguang Electronic Commerce Co., Ltd.

Rachellegend
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had any dealings with this co? Ive purchased but now worried about it being a scam after reading a lot on the forums? Will i be protected by PayPal? Can i cancel my order via PayPal as the money has not been taken yet from my bank account, its just been authorised

Login to Me Too
926 REPLIES 926

BebelOne
Contributor
Contributor

You should not have to return their cheap junk....

PayPal should honor what is posted on their Resolution Centre Page...Significantly different to what was ordered...

Report to Cyber.gov.au Victoria Police, then send your report onto PayPal.

Report Fraud...reportfraud.ftc.gov

(federal trade commission)

Report Scamwatch

Report to your bank if you paid by credit card which you probably have.

You are in the right -They are in the wrong. Fight these professional scammers, don't let them win.

Login to Me Too

kimbo0524
Contributor
Contributor

I will, but in this case, it really wasn't the issue.  It was a company scamming and making it difficult so people would give up fighting it.  You get a **bleep** item, they keep your money.

Login to Me Too

TooDisappointed
Contributor
Contributor
They are thieves! And PayPal is their partner in crime! They could not get away with so much stealing if it wasn’t for the help they get from PayPal. It’s outrageous! PD: How where you able to post the pictures? I have tried to no avail
Login to Me Too

celadonpalace
Contributor
Contributor

I hear what you're saying. I've given it a lot of thought. PayPal has to go through some steps before refunding. I would imagine the Duo Tongguang could take all their money and flee. I had to send the item back and the back I got notice that it was being held at the local mail depot PayPal sent me a notice they denied my claim because I never sent them proof of mailed return. I did send them the tracking and receipt so they could track it as well. 

Phone call next.

Never again.

Login to Me Too

Toothtugga
Contributor
Contributor
Hi PayPal tried that with me, I screenshot and photograph everything. My latest to PayPal was to resend everything via email and messenger saying I won’t stop until I get my money. They’ve reopened the case. Fingers crossed
Login to Me Too

kimbo0524
Contributor
Contributor

Here is an update.  I am a royal pain in the **bleep** and I don't give up.  I got on PayPal chat and asked a bunch of questions, such as why did I have to send it to China when it was advertised as made and shipped in the US?  The response was to sign up for Return Shipping.  After going back and forth with some canned answers, I basically told the rep at PayPay that fine, I was done, not happy, but done.  I can afford to lose the $40, but to please send my displeasure up the chain that they are supporting a company that is scamming many of their customers.  I got a response that I could take the original $6 refund offer from DT  **AND**  get a voucher on PayPal for the difference.  I got my $40.   It was a lot of work and aggravation, but it is the principle of the thing.  I am guessing that PP is eating that $34 and not getting it back from DT, but if they have to do that enough, maybe they will take action against this company.   DON'T GIVE UP!!!!  Be a PITA!!!!

Login to Me Too

OlgaTjurdju
Contributor
Contributor
Had the problem of ordering a metal assembleable toy from them, received a one-piece plastic piece of nothing. Opened a claim with PayPal, the seller offered a 75% refund which i refused, the seller requested the item to be shipped back for a full refund (the order arrived from NL however had to ship it back to China). Shipped out of principle and requested the shipping costs to be covered under Secret Shipping with PayPal. Currently waiting for a resolution on both the principal amount claim and on the shipping. Looks like a planned scam - order - if refund is requested do a 75% one either way the seller is still in profit, considering the worthless items they sent.
Login to Me Too

Pintsize_Iain
Contributor
Contributor

Read the Time magazine article:

"Here's How Shopping Scams On Facebook Are Ripping Off Thousands of Customers, With The Money Flowing Overseas"

It explains who owns and operates Duo Tongguang Electronic Commerce Co., Ltd. 

Login to Me Too

celadonpalace
Contributor
Contributor

Wow they offered you 75%. 

50% for me on 2 orders. One order shipped from New Jersey, USA and the other from The Netherlands.

Next step was to ship it back. Waiting on receipt to seller. I tried to look up the location on Google Maps but it was only a spot on an empty block

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.