Duo Tongguang Electronic Commerce Co., Ltd.

Rachellegend
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had any dealings with this co? Ive purchased but now worried about it being a scam after reading a lot on the forums? Will i be protected by PayPal? Can i cancel my order via PayPal as the money has not been taken yet from my bank account, its just been authorised

Login to Me Too
926 REPLIES 926

mftalens
Contributor
Contributor

I bought the model engine kit too. it took 6 weeks but it finally arrived. It was a plastic engine 1" x 2" x 2".  It was not the full metal engine that you put together with an allen wrench like they show in the video.  With all these frauds going through PayPal I'm surprised paypal is even letting these transactions go through.

Good luck.  I'm going to try and get my money back.

Login to Me Too

therealvee77
Contributor
Contributor

This company is total trash, they scam people in hopes that the hassle it takes to return the product will be too much.  I bought two day of the dead barbie dolls. Since my purchase, the weblink to purchase is no longer up and they mailed me two very small dolls that you get with a kids meal.  I had to pay $56 to return that trash of a product. They should not be allowed to do business!

Login to Me Too

cassie38
Contributor
Contributor

I have been reading many many peoples complaints about being scammed by this Chinese company.  I have opened a dispute with them through Paypal but have been disgusted that I have to pay for return of the unwanted items, before Paypal will refund me, and I have copied my proof of postage to Paypal, which was £15.50.  Paypal said they would activate a refund of postage system, which would refund me up to £15.00.  To return the item via Hermes, which was how it was delivered to me, would have cost £27.00.  I have asked Paypal the question, "why do they continue to trade with this seller, knowing how fraudulent they are"?  Their answer is that they need complaints from customers in order to monitor the situation!  I've just asked how many complaints do they actually need?????

I'm now feeling that I should cancel my Paypal account.  I'm really upset as I thought they were an honorable company I could trust, but it seems not...

Has anyone else actually had a full refund, including postage please?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cassie38 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cassie38
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much. I will not be buying anything else from China ever again!

Login to Me Too

cassie38
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response.  It isn't fair for my credit card company to foot the bill for this scam is it?  I'm sure they would, but why should fraudsters get away with it, they are stealing money from the card companies instead of individuals at this rate.  Paypal could and should put a stop to it, and I have to question why they haven't.

Login to Me Too

teller11
Contributor
Contributor
How can we get a class action against this company?
Login to Me Too

BebelOne
Contributor
Contributor

This Company are very professional SCAMMERS, they will take your money & send you Chinese **bleep** Junk....

I have contacted Australian Cyber Security Centre  put in a full report, which was then forwarded onto PayPal ,also Scam Watch & also contacted 

Report Fraud.ftc.gov

(Federal Trade Commission)

These So and So's offered me part refund, which I refused. I have now received full refund. Asked PayPal if they have shut them down, but to date have not

heard back. PayPal need to get their act together to protect all their customers against these rotten  con artists. They have picked on the wrong person.

I hate being cheated....

Do not send back any of their **bleep** junk. Make sure PayPal refund, otherwise contact.... Ombudsman....

Login to Me Too

TooDisappointed
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal continues business which all these scammers because thy too profit from these transactions. They should know long ago that they are scammers and yet they continue helping then steal. PayPal is as guilty as their partners in Crime!!! Boycot to PayPal until they get rid of all these scammers!
Login to Me Too

Tbrown1
Contributor
Contributor

Good question. I have reported them to the governor but Better Business Bureau won't do anything either.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.