Dropshipping

dinodin
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I have been dropshipping receiving sales since January and this is my fourth month and paypal is telling me that in order for my account to be extend my limit for receiving payments, they need utlitly bills my ID and more verification. Now my question is. My paypal is created in the Philippines as a Sole properitorship But they are asking me for utility bills which i dont have since i don't have an office in the US. I only have my business registered there. How would i set this up properly? The rep said that they cannt add my foreign business in a Philippine account. So i searched and saw that for Business paypal that is an "individual" type are the ones that are not registered. Can i just choose that? instead of declaring my business? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dinodin 

Yeah, indicate that you are an individual operating PayPal Business Account, not Sole Proprietorship.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

dinodin
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Sharpie

The limitation was removed and Paypal finally verified me as a Business Individual. Now my problem is my name shows up on the Credit Card statement of my customers since i am using my own name for the business name. Can i temporarily change that to my business name since they already did the verification for my account? I am worried the customers would be worried seeing my name on their statements not knowing that it was my business who charged them. So with this, they might file chargebacks  and thus my paypal account will not have a great payment status. Besides the purpose of having the business name the same as to the authorized owner is just to match it so i can withraw funds to my local bank account right? Infact i don't withraw them. I pay them to facebook for my business ads. So i am not taking any profit earnings within my paypal account, i just cycle them and pay them to Facebook. Are there any more stages that paypal would hold or limit my account later down the road aside from this? Any info would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

@sharpiemarker thank you for your answer! 

Hi @dinodin,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community forum!

In general, if you have a Business account, you can choose a business name that your customers will see in their statement after they send you payments. If you do not want to show your business name, you can always choose to use your legal name. 

Regarding your other question, limitations may be placed on your account for multiple reasons throughout the life of your account and we would not be able to predict if your account will be limited in the past. However, do not worry: in case your account is limited you will find in your Resolution Centre the steps to resolve the limitation. Here is more information on account limitations. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Vloneplugco
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.