Double Payment, scam?

AmandaSimpson89
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I am about to send an expensive wedding dress to my buyer ( from still White). However, she has paid twice and has since opened a dispute with PayPal. She has sent me a screenshot of an Email from PayPal stating they need me to refund the item. Can I verify it’s validity. FedEx are due to collect the item today and I don’t feel comfortable handing it over if the buyer can cancel both Payments and leave me thousands of dollars at a loss. The email states the dispute ID is PP-D-158667639. I have read a lot about scams with people overpaying and then asking for refunds. Any help is appreciated.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @AmandaSimpson89,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry for any confusion regarding duplicate payments and a dispute.

If a person accidentally paid you twice, we would ask them to contact you to request a refund of one of the payments. It's possible that they already filed the dispute before asking us what to do, in which case, accepting the dispute to allow the refund would have been the correct course of action on your part. The other, undisputed payment would carry Seller Protection, as long as all Seller Protection guidelines are followed and the item is not in the list of exclusions.

I hope this information helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.