Do i need ebay or paypal?!

MegMercury
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all, joined just to ask for some help! Filed a dispute because a sender refused to refund £250+ for an item that was damaged in transit. It's been found in my favour but they want me to return the item to get the refund. The item is a car door, and its going to cost me £100 to mail back, leaving me even more out of pocket. Do I contact ebay or paypal about this to try and find another way around it? Thanks!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MegMercury 

Who did you open the dispute with, ebay or paypal?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MegMercury
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! It was through paypal, but the message I had said "eBay has agreed to issue a full refund of £256.00 GBP once you return the item(s) associated with this transaction." As it was ebay agreeing I wasnt sure whether to contact them or paypal!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MegMercury 

In that case the following may apply >>>

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

HOWEVER its a shame it wasn't an Ebay dispute that you can open up to 30 days post payment as if you won then the seller would have had to provide you with a shipping label.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.