Dispute question

msoto2021
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I filed a dispute for a item I purchased and have not received it. I’ve exchanged emails with the vendor and they keeps telling me to give it a few days. It’s been over a months and still no information on my purchase. So I filed a dispute today and I received an email from the vendor that they will refund me my money but I have to close the dispute with PayPal. Is this the right thing to do? Should close the dispute to get my money back? The vendor did not respond to the dispute through PayPal.

Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

msoto2021
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info. I found it kinda strange that they were requesting me to close the case in order to get my refund. Since this was my first time filing a dispute, I’m so glad that there are people here to help answer questions. I will ignore their email. How long do I have to wait to escalate the dispute?

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@msoto2021 

If you had to close a case to get a refund then it would be pointless opening one.
NEVER close a dispute / claim until you have a refund.
If the seller issued a refund then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't escalate to a claim.
Do not close it or he can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

msoto2021
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info. I found it kinda strange that they were requesting me to close the case in order to get my refund. Since this was my first time filing a dispute, I’m so glad that there are people here to help answer questions. I will ignore their email. How long do I have to wait to escalate the dispute?

Login to Me Too

bullguard
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone got an address to return item to Dedebell please

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.