Dispute on family and friends transaction

Annakaren
Contributor
Contributor

My ex boyfriend sent me payment via friends and family on PayPal and after we broke up he filed a complain that payment was not made by him and now my PayPal balance is on hold and have negative balance 🥺

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Annakaren 

Sadly no protection for unauthorised payments for friends/family transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Annakaren 

Sadly no protection for unauthorised payments for friends/family transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jessicale91
New Community Member
How can he do it? Im trying to get help from Paypal to dispute a scam transaction from my debit card but no solve.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Jessicale91,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced trouble with a transaction and understand your concern about the balance on the account. Regrettably, Friends and Family payments are not covered by PayPal Buyer Protection. These types of payments cannot be disputed. If you're referring to the unauthorized transaction on the card, you may reach out to your financial institution/ card issuer to know if there is any possibility for a chargeback and help you with the best possible options to have this sorted.

Good Luck,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

HangryB
New Community Member
Similar problem here, items purchased on website and PayPal payment link on their website set it as friends and family so you can’t dispute the charges. You can’t contact anyone and now they blocked me requesting a refund. Have contacted my bank but what can they do? It shows the transaction back to PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.