Dispute help

Anthony4418
Contributor
Contributor
I recently tried purchasing an item online directly to their address that was sent to me. After I had made the transaction I was blocked by the merchant from all forms of media and completely ignores any email attempts. Benefit of the doubt I tried to wait a few days to see if they were just busy but it’s been 4 days and nothing. I wouldn’t be as upset if I could get a response but I tried to file a dispute and it was closed the same day saying it was not a suspicious purchase even know that was not what I even said in my dispute. So I’m not sure if it was a bot that ended my dispute or what but I’m just and a standstill of what I should do or even who to contact because I cannot put another dispute in since I have already placed one. I wouldn’t be as upset but it was a pretty large sum of money. Thanks for anyone who can help.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anthony4418 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say what happened then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sean

Hello @Anthony4418, welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

It sounds like you may have filed a case as being 'Unauthorised' instead of being for 'Non-Receipt'. If you contact us, we can look into refiling the dispute for you.

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website, you can click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. Then, from here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, and 'Login Problems', on the next page, you will see a 'Message Us’ or ‘Call Us’ option.

I hope this helps,

- Sean

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.