Dispute declined, fake ups shipment

wahookah
Contributor
Contributor

i was in contact with a seller on ebay kleinanzeigen and made a paypal buyer protection transaction. I never heard from him again. he said, he is going to send me the shipping number. I filed a complaint, sent all the messages and email + ID (which seems to be fake), The dispute was closed and a fake ups shippment is shown, which does not even include my adress, only Vienna. It says it´s shipped to an office and received by Manuel. My Home is private and there is no Manuel in thehouse. Its obviously fake, but the reimbursing is declined. What can i do?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wahookah 

Paypal is just a payment processor that gives you 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection.
So disputes for non receipt of item are mostly automated. Seller provides tracking that shows delivery = seller wins.
So then its your turn to do some work to assist Paypal in recovering your purchase price from your seller.

Firstly ring Paypal customer services and tell them that the number is fake or that the item was shown as shipped before you purchased it. With that information they may well just issue you a refund.

Secondly if they don't then... APPEAL
To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address. THEY DON'T HAVE TO SAY WHICH ADDRESS IT WAS SENT TO, JUST THAT IT WAS NOT DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS.

Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click contact at the bottom of the page, or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your Paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wahookah
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for your advice, it was very helful, i will try the steps you proposed. Thanks a lot!

Login to Me Too

abjoy
Contributor
Contributor

So what was the resolution? Did you get your money back?

Login to Me Too

wahookah
Contributor
Contributor

I was lucky, i called Ups and they told me the address the parcel was actually shipped. It was a clothing shop and i went there and found a helpful guy, that was tracking back the shipment.
The scam is, that because the address is not mine i cannot get proof from ups that the parcel was shipped to me, because the shipping number does not point to my address, only the sender and receiver can order that.

Because i found the receiver, he could get proof of delivery, he sent it to me and i sent it to paypal and got my money back.
Paypal is way to lax about checking the address, it just said "Vienna" as an address and they accepted as it was sent to me. The scam is, now i have to prove that the parcel was not sent to me, which i can´t because it was not sent to my address.
I would never use buyers protection again, because they let scammers get easily away with that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.