Dispute closed despite not receiving my item

Tinax37
Contributor
Contributor

Despite seller providing Tracking and proof of delivery, I have still not received an item I paid for. Initially they said I had not provided correct full address and item was reeturned to carrier. After talks with seller I passed to PayPal and after their investigation they closed in sellers favour saying they had provided tracking & delivery proof without coming back to me to confirn I had received the item! Despite every effort I am unable to re-open this dispute to complain.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Tinax37
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response. Problem is I do believe the sellers proof of tracking etc., is probably legit. But some carriers do sometimes confuse my address with the flat above me - I am 16A (in the basement) and there is a flat B and C - my flat is in the basement and the other 2 flats are above me with the door entrance at ground level. Seems some carriers tend to not understand what 'basement' means or they just don't bother to bring my parcel downstairs where I am and leave it somewhere it can be taken by a passerby. I really annoyed PayPal shud favour the sellers without first checking with me about their decision.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tinax37 

Talk to the shipping carrier to see if the tracking number is fraudulent or not and get the results in writing and call customer service to appeal. If PayPal refuses to budge, you do a chargeback through your card issuer with your evidence.

Note that “if the seller presents evidence that they delivered the goods to you, PayPal may find in favour of the seller for an Item Not Received claim even if you claim you did not receive the goods.”

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_GB#buyer-protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

Tinax37
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response. Problem is I do believe the sellers proof of tracking etc., is probably legit. But some carriers do sometimes confuse my address with the flat above me - I am 16A (in the basement) and there is a flat B and C - my flat is in the basement and the other 2 flats are above me with the door entrance at ground level. Seems some carriers tend to not understand what 'basement' means or they just don't bother to bring my parcel downstairs where I am and leave it somewhere it can be taken by a passerby. I really annoyed PayPal shud favour the sellers without first checking with me about their decision.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.