Dispute Claim

rhonan908
New Community Member

I sold a gift card to someone that was gifted to me by my old boss, I assumed the card would be fine, i gave them the code after they bought it and then they said the card hadn't been activated, I refused to refund them because i wasn't sure and didn't believe them, the money was then forcefully removed from my account and i was at negative balance, after putting money back in it was at £0, two days later i get an email saying the buyer wants to dispute a claim for £25, the amount i owed them, Now someone please explain how or why i would still owe them £25 if i had £25 forcefully removed from my account? Because i chose not to refund them incase i got scammed? If i still owe them £25 them i demand to know what happened to the £25 that was already removed from my account, Surely paypal would have given them that money? and if so then Technically this is robbery? Surely what paypal are doing in this case is illegal? Can someone please help me and stop them from doing this because this cannot be legal in any way, If i owe them £25 then why do i stand to lose £50? That is obviously double what i owed them in the first place, I am hoping someone with good morals will see this and help me out because I am losing my mind constantly thinking about this. Thanks in advance. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.