Digital River transaction

BillRuth
Contributor
Contributor
What is Digital River transaction. We can't remember authorising this.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BillRuth 

Digital river is an ecommerce payment company. They partner with companies like Samsung, Microsoft, razr, McAfee, avast, etc. If you buy from those websites, your charge may show up as from digital river. They also handle subscriptions. A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, like anti virus, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BillRuth 

Digital river is an ecommerce payment company. They partner with companies like Samsung, Microsoft, razr, McAfee, avast, etc. If you buy from those websites, your charge may show up as from digital river. They also handle subscriptions. A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, like anti virus, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dmtt
New Community Member
Just happened to me November 17th 2021
Login to Me Too

SeWiJuGA
Contributor
Contributor
the isue is i had canceled the subacription, yet they keep coming back each year to try and cover. how can one stop this?
Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hello @SeWiJuGA,

That's a great question. Besides contacting the merchant, you will want to cancel the automatic payment on your PayPal account. Here's an article from our Help Center on how to update or cancel an automatic payment. We hope this helps. 

Thanks!

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

ssotero
Contributor
Contributor

I did not authorize this payment. It's some kind of recurring payment for some digital download but there is no way to find out from the company, Digital River, what the charge is for so you cannot cancel it.  It was done sometime in 2014.   Never received anything and recurring payment kept getting larger. Paypal should notify you a day or two BEFORE the recurring payment is paid. That would help with these scams. I have put in a dispute hopefully they will come back with some information. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ssotero 

Digital river is an ecommerce payment company. They don't fraudulently take your money. They partner with companies like Samsung, Microsoft, razr, McAfee, avast, etc. If you buy from those websites, your charge may show up as from digital river. They also handle subscriptions. A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, like anti virus, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

rohanrehman
Contributor
Contributor

It's a scam company and it seems that they are outsmarting the US. AS they have replies here that almost bot like protecting them. SO Fraud department isn't smart enough to catch them.

I purchased ReiBoot for Tenorshare.com (aka Digital River), but Digital River became smart enough to not use PayPal.

It is a 100% scam site, I didn't realize until something seemed fishy.

When I asked for a refund due to their 30 day money back guarantee, they immediately removed this form their website I had take a screen shot.

It seems that the person receiving "support" emails is the same scammer that is updating the website so they can look legitimate and not refund back.

Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 12.51.15 AM.png

There are countless complaints of their unauthorized charges on BBB

I recommend that you file a complaint on BBB as well it's quite easy.

and Cancel that card immediately !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.