who is Digital River Ireland, Ltd.

Temp20230128b

i had money taken out on my account unauthorized

Login to Me Too
65 REPLIES 65

strongbowsoo
New Community Member

I have just had money taken from same above, ive cancelled direct debit, will i get my £75 back trhrough paypal, or not, it only allowed me to cancel

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@strongbowsoo 

Digital river is an ecommerce payment company. They don't fraudulently take your money. They partner with companies like Samsung, Microsoft, razr, McAfee, avast, etc. If you buy from those websites, your charge may show up as from digital river. They also handle subscriptions. A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, like anti virus, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting.

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tanyalynn21

If this helps anyone...Digital River Ireland is what showed up on PayPal when I purchased a new Fitbit (directly from Fitbit.com) in Canada. 

In case anyone doesn't know, there are 2 ways that you may have been charged for your Fitbit and/or your premium subscription - I received 6 months free. 

One is via the PlayStore or App Store.

The other is via Fitbit.com - this was the way I did it - and it took some figuring out, to cancel my monthly subscription. 

I finally found the correct instructions (this is only for people that signed up via Fitbit.com).

If you purchased a recurring (monthly or yearly) subscription through fitbit.com:

To manage your subscription:

1. Go to fitbit.com (*this is not in the app*) then click the account icon and log in with the email address connected to your Fitbit Premium subscription.
2. Click the account icon then My Account > My Subscriptions.
3. Click a subscription to expand the details.
-  To cancel your subscription, click Cancel>CancelSubscription>Close. Your subscription status changes to “Canceled.”
-  To update your payment method, click Update Payment Method> enter your new payment information> click Save >click Close. Your new card is listed under Billing Details.

There is another way to cancel - for people that signed up via the PlayStore or the App Store.

In the Fitbit app, click TODAY, then your icon in the top-left.

Scroll down, and under SETTINGS, click: Account Settings

Then click: Manage Subscription

Then you can cancel your subscription there. 

I hope this helps someone else. 

(who knew a Digital River Ireland charge was from Fitbit?!)

Login to Me Too

Timbuctoo
Contributor
Contributor
I just looked for answers on DIGITAL RIVER. Turns out, they are AVG, the so-called FREE computer virus protection. It SAID it was FREE, but they'd gotten pretty aggressive, pushing for Me to 'upgrade'. Apparently they didn't wait, for Me to agree (I NEVER did). They've taken 2 payments $49.95 & $49.93. Do We have a suit going? I want MY MONEY BACK! Maggie
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Timbuctoo 

They are not 'just' AVG, read my post above yours.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

seaflower
Digital River Ireland took me £74.99 twice without my permission .the first time was on 15/Nov and the second was on 5/December. I didn’t order anything for £74.99 from anyone and l did not receive anything from anyone . How to get my money back ? I thought PayPal is safe but actually they are not .
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@seaflower 

Digital river is an ecommerce payment company. They don't fraudulently take your money. They partner with companies like Samsung, Microsoft, razr, McAfee, avast, etc. If you buy from those websites, your charge may show up as from digital river. They also handle subscriptions. A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, like anti virus, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting.

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TysonX504
Contributor
Contributor

Digital River Ireland, Ltd. Also took $78.39 out of my account for AVAST, a software that isn't even installed on my computers and it just randomly happens today, no previous payment history to them. I know you're going to say they are an ecommerce payment company but I DID NOT authorize this. There is something wrong with the system if others are having the same issue randomly.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TysonX504 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TysonX504
Contributor
Contributor

do you even read messages before replying?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.