who is Digital River Ireland, Ltd.

Temp20230128b

i had money taken out on my account unauthorized

Login to Me Too
65 REPLIES 65

Greenstripe
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same experience a few days ago also for £74.99 is it a coincidence that other people have £74.99 taken unauthorised 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Greenstripe 

Digital river is an ecommerce payment company. They don't fraudulently take your money. They partner with companies like Samsung, Microsoft, razr, McAfee, avast, etc. If you buy from those websites, your charge may show up as from digital river. They also handle subscriptions. A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, like anti virus, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting.

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

aggroz

I subscribed to Nvidia Geforce Now and I was expecting the first subscription charge on a particular date and when I checked my bank account, Digital River Ireland was the name that came up with the charge.  I confirmed that my payment was accepted by Nvidia so it safe to say that Digital River Ireland is legitimate.  I would also suggest going into your pay pal settings every now and then to make sure there are no other active subscriptions that are placed on an authorized scheduled payment.  I tend to remove anything I see in this list. 

Login to Me Too

Jiindhe2
Contributor
Contributor
Digital river Ireland i had money taken out on my account unauthorized
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jiindhe2 

Digital river is an ecommerce payment company. They don't fraudulently take your money. They partner with companies like Samsung, Microsoft, razr, McAfee, avast, etc. If you buy from those websites, your charge may show up as from digital river. They also handle subscriptions. A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, like anti virus, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting.

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Groovygirl
Contributor
Contributor

Digital River, Ireland is a payment processing company, that is correct. HOWEVER, they are taking money from people's cards and bank accounts for software subscriptions that have been cancelled, in my case 3 months ago and they still take money. Whether Digital River, Ireland is receiving bad info from its own partners or is simply engaging in its own online fraud is irrelevant to those of us affected. The Company - in my case AVAST - is fraudulent. Even when you cancel your software subscription with them by going through the online prompts to NO RENEW and explaining why, emailing and calling Avast Customer Service - nothing remediates - they take the money anyway. SCAM SCAM SCAM - if a customer says DO NOT RENEW and removes the software why do you charge them anyway AVAST | Digital River, Ireland. If a customer says DO NOT RENEW my subscription with you AND calls and emails you why do you keep billing them? This needs to be addressed and Paypal should remove them from their list of acceptable Vendors.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Groovygirl 

Make sure you also cancel the billing agreement in your PayPal account settings:

Settings > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Click merchant and click cancel.

Contact Avast to request a refund. Provide the transaction date, transaction ID number, name on the PayPal account and amount to help them look for the transaction on their end.

Or contact Digital River:

https://www.digitalriver.com/shopper-support/

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Groovygirl
Contributor
Contributor

WE have sent Avast now seven (7) messages including online chats they refer us to you you to them we still have no refund. SCAM!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Groovygirl 

Did you cancel the subscription on your paypal account as @sharpiemarker advised you?

If not and Avast apply for the funds then of course paypal will hand them over as YOU have authorised them to do so until you cancel the subscription on your paypal account.

And no one refers you to US as this is a user to user community forum and not paypal customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JeckyJ
New Community Member

I did exactly what you had said back in December... yet it started happening again.. they charge me again April 29... Is there anyway we can block AVAST from PayPal ? I had cancelled their subscription via Manage Automatic Payment on Payment and AVAST website. I also requested via chat with AVAST to remove me from all subscriptions since I no longer required Avast back in December 2021.. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.