Cvmaker.uk scam

Crispacket
Contributor
Contributor

Cvmaker.uk

Went to their site from create a free cv link.

Made a cv, went to download it, site then requests £2.95, ok , I had no time left to make new so paid by Paypal.

Next week they take £14.95. I had at no point noticed agreeing to a subscription. Immediately raised dispute with Paypal, denied within a few hours.

Their most recent reviews on trustpilot are littered with word scam (okay one of those is mine).

Just waited in Paypal customer service chat, gave up after 75mins, at one point the window said new message from agent, but never appeared.

Any advice?

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

ssainagabalaji
Contributor
Contributor

I got refund for me whole amount from cvmaker

Login to Me Too

Roshan25
New Community Member
They keep sending me emails regarding outstanding amount,then what should I do?
Login to Me Too

BillyUK
New Community Member
Same thing has happened to me had nothing from them About another charge of £14.95 until I see it on my PayPal account .
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BillyUK 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

finbo38
I had the same problem with this site,I called PayPal they said they'd make a note of the company and investigate,not holding my breath over this.Paypal said they couldn't do anything and told me to contact my bank.I did this and my bank did an endemnity claim and got my money bank,I also got PayPal to stop any further payments.
Login to Me Too

GregKay

I had exactly the same experience. I also got to the end of the CV process and paid the $2.95 fee via Pay Pal, to download the PDF. Then the next day I wanted to make some refinements, saw I had a email giving me access to the site with a password. The email is very deceptive, once I had the login info, I didn't read the rest but towards the end of the waffle and reduced script they say that the $2.95 is a promotion for seven days and $19.95 will be levied monthly thereafter. Being busy with the interview process I didn't react to Pay Pals notification for a Automatic payment but later when I realised my account had been debited. I am so angry to have been taken this way with my eyes wide open. In South Africa a contract is only binding if both parties enter the contract and there is normally a cooling off period, to be fair. I was unaware of any contract until after the seven days. The exchange in South Africa to USD is X 15, a substantial amount. It is a poor show when companies in first world countries elicit funds from the less fortunate without being transparent. Is it so difficult to act with integrity and honesty. Surly the world is big enough to make a tidy profit without leaving a bad taste in the mouth of your users.

Login to Me Too

LadyJ0nes
Contributor
Contributor

I have had exactly the same problem, they took the initial £2.95 which i was fine with, but then for the next few months they've been taking £14.95 per month from my account.  I used my debit card and not paypal so couldn't request a dispute on here. 

I have today logged onto my cvmaker.uk  account - after you log in, click on account, then select deactivate account. This confirmed my membership had ended - i will keep an eye out to see if it renews after that time. 

I also logged onto my bank account and blocked the subscription. 

I requested a refund from cvmaker.uk - customer services told me it was my fault for not reading my emails or their website properly but fail to be able to demonstrate where exactly it notifies you of the monthly membership. 

Take a look at the Trust pilot and reviews.io under CVmaker.uk - we're definitely not the only ones - this has to be stopped!

Login to Me Too

Trepsenishti
Contributor
Contributor

Trepsenishti
Contributor
Contributor
I'm sorry to hear that you have been scammed. I was scammed the same jyst like you but they took money straight from my card. What steps did you follow with the complaint?. I did complain to cv maker but they are short on answer saying I subscribed . I did send several emails but they saying will not refund me. Any Idea?. Thank you
Login to Me Too

Crispacket
Contributor
Contributor
The tried and true method at least until now is to write an honest review on review sites. Many people including me have been offered their money back to take the review down. Don't use bad or slanderous language or they will make the review site take it down. If you look at their page on Trustpilot there's a link at the bottom for stats. It shows cvmaker have tried to remove a large percentage of reviews.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.