Cvmaker.uk scam

Crispacket
Contributor
Contributor

Cvmaker.uk

Went to their site from create a free cv link.

Made a cv, went to download it, site then requests £2.95, ok , I had no time left to make new so paid by Paypal.

Next week they take £14.95. I had at no point noticed agreeing to a subscription. Immediately raised dispute with Paypal, denied within a few hours.

Their most recent reviews on trustpilot are littered with word scam (okay one of those is mine).

Just waited in Paypal customer service chat, gave up after 75mins, at one point the window said new message from agent, but never appeared.

Any advice?

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

12z
Contributor
Contributor
How did this work out for you? Am in a similar situation
Login to Me Too

Sp0th4odd
Hello, I have been through the same problem. I paid by card and as there were no money on my account, they tell me that I owe them 17€. Did they raised the amount to you? Did you pay them?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Sp0th4odd,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!!

I am sorry for what happened, and I understand it is unacceptable to know you owe them an amount. In this situation, please log on to your PayPal account, and check your Resolution Center to see if there are any cases or notifications about the claim. If you don't find anything on the Resolution Center or need any help, kindly contact our customer support team will quickly run through this with you and see if we can get this sorted. You can contact Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page for further assistance. Support is also available through Facebook private messages or Twitter direct messages.

Regards,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Jl1-_
Contributor
Contributor
Same happened to me
Login to Me Too

Fradona
New Community Member

Hi, 

from Rome, Italy, I had the same problem by CVmaker.it, Italian branch of CVmaker.ne.

I payed 2.95€ for a template of a CV on 2020, February, and I payed for one year 14.95 €/m for nothing! At last I recognised the mistake, fortunately, and cancelled immediately the account two days ago. How many people around the world fished as me? In these cases PayPal continue every month to pay, because ab origin there is a real authorisation, and this is an unavoidable risk, I think.

Login to Me Too

Chalanger

I resigned my credit card  i hope it will works and and they wont charge me back several times..

Login to Me Too

Jl1-_
Contributor
Contributor
Ask for a refund from PayPal. I got my refund
Login to Me Too

Jl1-_
Contributor
Contributor
I raised a dispute with PayPal and got a refund. 6 NOV PAYMENT - THANKYOU +$300.00 More Info Press to show or hide 06 NOV PAYPAL *CVMAKER B V 35314369001 +$30.17
Login to Me Too

NunoB
Contributor
Contributor

This just happened to me too, went there a couple months ago, paid 2.95euro for a single CV, now realized i got charged 14.95euro last 2 months, i tried to cancel my subscription but didnt know how so i just desactivated my account, can someone tell me if anything else needs to me done ?

Login to Me Too

ssainagabalaji
Contributor
Contributor

This is a fraud site

Dont ever try to ruin your peacefulnes and safety by submitting your bank details.

They will loot our money by saying we have agreed for subscription which had been done in a very fraudster way.

First they ask our consent for trial of 2.95 USD

Then they loot monthly from our bank Account around 1600 INR saying that we agreed for subscription which obviously we won't subscribe after seeing their trial access.

Lastly they won't respond. Even if my respond, it will be so arrogant like "Do whatever you want"

They will loot all our hardearned money and will talk to us rudely. Who wants to face all this?

I didn't sleep peacefuly for last 3 days and I'm writing here to warn you with my experience

Please stay away from this website cvmaker.com, for your own safety.

Please try other geniune sites where you find lots of services.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.