Customer Service - Epoch ( scam transtaction)

M-MoNa
Contributor
Contributor

what I can do?

there is a transaction but I didn't do it someone hacks into my account

the transaction is still pending and I try to cancel it, there is no cancel option 

I never deal with epoch or give any information about my account to anyone. 

this massage was in the transaction

"This is a temporary authorization to make sure your payment method will cover the payment. Your payment method will be charged when Customer Service - Epoch completes your order."

I try to report this problem to resolution center but they didn't accept my request and give me this message

Unable to complete your request

We’re sorry, you can’t file a case on this type of transaction. Please refer to our user agreement for more details.

help, please!!

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

MissRIllusion
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to cancel the charge in Paypal's subscriptions or recurring charges (one of the two) section. I just told it not to renew. I was not able to get a refund for the charge I had for that month, but it has never renewed and I wasn't charged again.

Login to Me Too

ArnaldoLuisn1
Contributor
Contributor

I just had it happened. Cant believe PayPal knows about it and does not protect its Customers. That is very LOW!

Login to Me Too

MissRIllusion
Contributor
Contributor

predatory subscription services are a plague in the tech world. I feel that it should be mandatory that sub-providers send warning to customers that renewals are coming. I find the legit services, ie Amazon Prime or the like will warn you that your sub is coming up for renewal. However, with sites (especially adult sites that use "free trials" or other "preview" services) bank on the fact that it will be forgotten, or because of the nature of the site/service, you'll be too embarrassed to complain about it.

The best that I can to people in this post or others reading it because they're in the same situation, make a stink. Be a "Karen" as some may say because the only way this is going to stop is if these companies are put on blast for their actions. Sometimes it is best to try something in the court of public opinion.

Login to Me Too

ArnaldoLuisn1
Contributor
Contributor

Contacted my Bank and cancelled the credit card right away. Took all my bank info out of PayPal and thinking of not using them again.

I do want to Thank You for your post and the information shared!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.