Customer Service - Epoch ( scam transtaction)

M-MoNa
Contributor
Contributor

what I can do?

there is a transaction but I didn't do it someone hacks into my account

the transaction is still pending and I try to cancel it, there is no cancel option 

I never deal with epoch or give any information about my account to anyone. 

this massage was in the transaction

"This is a temporary authorization to make sure your payment method will cover the payment. Your payment method will be charged when Customer Service - Epoch completes your order."

I try to report this problem to resolution center but they didn't accept my request and give me this message

Unable to complete your request

We’re sorry, you can’t file a case on this type of transaction. Please refer to our user agreement for more details.

help, please!!

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@M-MoNa 

Cannot cancel/report a pending temporary authorization until its completed by the merchant because at this point they can cancel so best to contact the merchant to cancel right away and let them know that you discovered this transaction on your account and it is an unauthorized transaction and shall be disputed as unauthorized if they do not cancel it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

momentumep

I had the same thing (different company) for a fake GoDaddy invoice. When I went to support and tried to file a case I got the message:

We’re sorry, you can’t file a case on this type of transaction. Please refer to our User Agreement for more details.

I can't repeat the steps I took (now that the invoice is canceled) but this is what I think I did:

1. Went into account activity.

2. Clicked on "view details" for the pending invoice.

3. Was given the option the PAY or CANCEL the invoice. I clicked CANCEL.

4. Wrote an appropriate message to the account that sent the invoice, i.e. "**bleep** off scammer".

5. Clicked whatever confirmation button I needed to to send the message and cancel the invoice.

It now shows up in my completed activity as "Canceled – Invoice Received" and there is a strike-thru on the amount. 

Login to Me Too

Plutos
Contributor
Contributor

Go to this link: https://epoch.com/billing_support/find_purchase

Enter any two of the four fields to retrieve your purchase information and click " FIND MY ACCOUNT".

Next page will have 3 options: 

PURCHASE DETAILS            LOGIN DETAILS        CANCEL

Click on  CANCEL.

On the left of the screen you will see CANCELLED TRIAL in red

Before the end of the process You will probably see something offering you a discount to stay with them.

Login to Me Too

adr1ru
Contributor
Contributor
Whenever this occurs, I invoke a VPN and reload the page. Then, PayPal no longer asks me to enter my CC or add a new one.
Login to Me Too

Ragstx32
New Community Member
I did not order the epic times they just hacked in my account and took $79 without my authorizatio
Login to Me Too

Tareq66
New Community Member
try to cancel the credit card or do like i did dont manage the process on paypal app .. go to the browser and there is an option says status
Login to Me Too

MissRIllusion
Contributor
Contributor

I did a little digging and found this is a billing site used by the *adult* website xhamster. This might help anyone who is looking into this issue. They do not make it easy to cancel. Since xhamster routes you to the Epoch site, it does not accept the username for the site that I used or either email address.

Login to Me Too

OkechukwuPaul
Whet can I do to stop transaction going on my credit card by_ Epoch Please I need a Help
Login to Me Too

OkechukwuPaul
Please can you help me stop Epoch Transaction . There clle
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.