Credit Card transaction no record

muslok
Contributor
Contributor
A Paypal transaction has happened on my credit card but it has not been done by me and my account where my card was linked has no record of the transaction. If my credit card cannot be linked to more than one account how did this transaction happen? And since there is no record of the transaction in my account I cannot dispute it or ask for refund.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Shawna

Hi @muslok,

Thanks for visiting the Community Forum. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced an unauthorized transaction. If your card has been compromised and you don't see the transaction in your account, it is possible that someone used it to make a guest purchase that is not linked to a registered account. In that situation, you would need to report this to your card issuer to have a new card issued and dispute that transaction.

I hope this helps!

-Shawna

Login to Me Too

muslok
Contributor
Contributor
I understand but I think that no transaction should be allowed for a registered card on a guest account or there should be a selectable option on paypal that a certain registered card cannot be used from any other account.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.