Confirming charity identity.

ctrs
New Community Member

I am beyond frustrated with PayPal and honestly wouldn't use the service if we didn't have donations from the PayPal giving fund that we are unable to access. PayPal asked us to confirm identity so we did, our charity does not have a physical address out government registered address with cra is a PO Box, PayPal said this is not ok to use. So fine we then updated it to a actual address and we have still not had the restrictions lifted. I keep getting told it will take a week. Its been nearly a year now and they have funds that are ours and we need them, I cannot get this resolved over the phone or the chat help as I keep getting the same thing that it will take a week to review. Its been nearly a year now and its still not resolved! 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

brentgnvbridge
New Community Member

Wow, that's discouraging. I came here to see if anyone had similar issues. I submitted our required documentation weeks ago; they say to expect an email within 3 days. Nothing so far....really hoping it doesn't take a year....

Login to Me Too

Ashwani3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @ctrs
Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

Looks like you need help with limitations. 
I understand your concern about your account being restricted. For more information on how limitation works, click here

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ashwani.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.