Confirm Social Security Number

CristianBro
New Community Member

I want to lift the limit on my account and one of the things I have to resolve is "Confirm your social security number" when I click on it I cant upload my Social Security card or anything it just takes me to my account overview. I tried re entering my SSN and everything I could think of. I don't know what paypal wants from me.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi CristianBro, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member! 

Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., email or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

worstgarbage
New Community Member

You wont help us through paypal's own forum and you ask us to contact you through Twitter? What kind of logic is that. @PayPal_Siobhan2 

Login to Me Too

DMJohnston1
Contributor
Contributor

If you do contact them through Twitter, you'll eventually get to a point where they just tell you "This is something we can't do over social media." I'm told that phone calls tend to end the same way. The only meaningful way to get anything done is via email, but of course those addresses aren't available on the site - and if I try to post any of them, they'll be scrubbed out of the comment. Quite a system PayPal has.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@worstgarbage 

You want a moderator to ask you private confidential information about your account on a worldwide public community forum?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jt_user
New Community Member

This is definitely not person specific if this many people are reporting the same thing. I too am suffering from this frustrating issue. It appears this is a bug in the system/website. Has anyone gotten this resolved? Any help is appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Kingreed89
New Community Member
I'm having this same issue. Can you tell me if/how you resolved it?
Login to Me Too

Russ_Gray
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having this issue. Can someone please update on how this was fixed?

Login to Me Too

aliceblond

I also am having this issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.