Complete refund

belme1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I sold a boardgame. It was as new when shipped. Buyer opened a case because of a small dent in the box. I send pictures of the game before shipment. And proposed a refund to the buyer. In meanwhile I opened a case with the carrier. But Paypal still did a complete refund.

I didn't agreed and provided all the info, asked multiple times for more pictures of the box.Even the buyer send me an email he agreed with my proposal.

But still they closed the case in favor of the buyer.

So no money, no game, no possibility to continue my case with the carrier. Can I do something to still get my money?

It's easy as buyer to do a claim, and get a full refund. Is there no seller protection?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@belme1 

In the case of an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against another as paypal never see the item in question.

So they often make a judgement call for the buyer BUT if the seller does not agree to a refund and does not respond to paypal then the buyer gets a refund.

If the seller does respond and agree to a refund then normally paypal expects the buyer to return the goods back to the seller first before a refund is issued. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

belme1
Contributor
Contributor

Ok but in my case I proposed a refund a partial refund. Buyer said he accepted it, and accepted it by mail. 

But Paypal decided to do a full refund. Goods were never returned.

So I have nothing. 

I lost my money and the goods? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.