Closing my permanently limited account

snshk
Contributor
Contributor
Hey all, I opened an account before 18, right now my account got permanently limited, with all my details (bank, cards etc) still in it. I want to close my account so that i can reuse the details for new account in a month after i’m 18, but PayPal is ignoring my messages with their bot replies. Advice is needed for closing my permanently limited account, thanks!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@snshk 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.

PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.

As you would be unable to verify your account it would be permanently locked for further use so sadly you would never be able to close the account.

Paypal does this to stop you removing anything from the banned account and trying to open and use the details on another paypal account against their rules.

Once you are 18 they may allow you to open a new account. That option is not guaranteed however as you have already broken their rules once and you would have to check with customer services first.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

snshk
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the clarification, because I was wondering why others are still able to open accounts with the same info. Just to double confirm, I'm able to open another account after I am 18 right, with the same info? just contact customer service again?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@snshk 

Did you read the last paragraph in my above post?

And no you probably would not be able to use the same email address etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.