China “sending wrong item” scam

Starsky72
Contributor
Contributor

So....

1) item advertised on Facebook

2) You buy two of them, pay via PayPal $29.90

3) Item arrives, nothing like as described and is damaged

4) Seller offers small percentage as refund, I refuse.

5) Escalate the complaint in Paypal

5) PayPal state I need to send back, tracked, and the seller has to confirm delivery before a refund will be issued, before 4 January

6) Tracked postage costs more than I’d get in a refund

7) Seller wins..

I end up out of pocket with a broken item that is different in every way (size, materials, quality) from what I ordere, plus I ordered two and didn’t receive them

Paypal are allowing this scam to happen.  I should have lied and simply said I never eeceived it

Login to Me Too
171 REPLIES 171

Neilonrocha
Contributor
Contributor
I will avoid PayPal
Login to Me Too

Poorme2020
Contributor
Contributor

Do not close the dispute.  These scammers are liars and have no serious intent to refund you.  Keep pushing PP to resolve this, keep hounding them.  Make an ic3.gov complaint and show this to the seller and PP.  You got to put pressure on them and PP.

Login to Me Too

Jah59
Contributor
Contributor
We don’t have ic3 in the UK I am wondering who else I can complain too maybe I will write to the ombudsman
Login to Me Too

fun_pillows
Contributor
Contributor
Did u get anywhere with this?
Login to Me Too

HammYY
Contributor
Contributor
I raised a dispute (not as described) with Papal. Followed their instruction: return item tracked and sent details (tracker number abd photo); claimed the return costs from Paypal; waited over a month and fully refunded by Papal. A lot of hassle, but do pursue. Paypal must be aware of the fraudulent sellers, by the number and type of complaints. Once identified as a fraudulent seller Paypal should not hesitate in refunding.
Login to Me Too

savinir
Contributor
Contributor
Do you think my bank would be able to refund me the amount? Also, i sent my package back and somehow it was delivered in Italy instead of China. A Paypal rep told me that because of this, I may lose this case. EVEN THOUGH there are clearly so many other details showing they’re fraudulent. Do you advise against letting the scammers know that I caught on to them?
Login to Me Too

frogmom37
Contributor
Contributor
I found it most helpful to turn up the heat. Let them know you want your money and if no refund, you’ll work tirelessly to get them shut down.
Login to Me Too

Temp20201130c
Contributor
Contributor
Ya have your bank take care of dispute thats what i did. They knew right away they scamming people. Paypal i heard maybe facing a massive law suit from people because of this and similar issues.
Login to Me Too

RoyaleStarburst
Contributor
Contributor
You heard about this Temp , I can guarantee it , I have been adked to join. A huge Case Action is being organised on behalf of those that have suffered from Chinese run Facebook Sponsored Scam Adverts and those affected is in the high hundred thousands, soon to be millions unless they are stopped ....
Login to Me Too

Temp20201130c
Contributor
Contributor
to anyone else do not open packet just write return to sender you do not accept package. They will return it to new york or wherever it came in the u.s
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.