Charges on cash app account by metapay Dannalyn [removed], what is this?

LindanodgiH
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve had multiple charges on my cash app account and the name metapay Dannalyn [removed] shows up? I have no idea what or who these payments are too. Does anyone else know

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Temp20230126C
New Community Member
Who is this and how do I stop it?!?!?!
Login to Me Too

Jmackjr78
New Community Member

I just sent money through Facebook page each of my kids and both times the name Dannalyn [removed] came up. I seen that you had posted something similar. Was wondering if you ever figured it out?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Jmackjr78, @Temp20230126C, and @LindanodgiH

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum. I can understand how finding unrecognized activity on any account can be a bit concerning. If this were on your PayPal account, you could report this activity through our Resolution Center. Since this is outside of PayPal, we would recommend reaching out to the financial institution where the activity occurred for further support.

Best wishes, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

shannastallings
Contributor
Contributor
I have reached out to both my bank and METAPAY
Login to Me Too

TheCarrot87
New Community Member

Just had it happen to me today. And cant do anything until the transaction is complete ... coming from cashapp support. im **bleep**

Login to Me Too

shannastallings
Contributor
Contributor
February 15 I had this same business or person take 850 dollars from me in all it was 6 transactions 50 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 200 / 300 between 2:10 and 2:13 pm . It was taken from my cash app card it was everything I had i am panicking because it was my bill money and I will lose my house my job I can't even buy gas to get to work Idk what to do I've disputed all 6 transactions with cash app and I've contacted metapay also and neither one are trying to help me I didn't authorize or make these transactions please someone help me is there any way to recover the money I have screenshots of every transaction and everything please lmk something
Login to Me Too

finance007
Contributor
Contributor

Do any of you know somebody in lake County California, Ukiah California or Madera California?  I know some one who when i gave them money it showed up in Cash apt with the name you all mentioned

Login to Me Too

Smoke40
Contributor
Contributor
Me to 3-29-23
Login to Me Too

Sister22
Contributor
Contributor
I had the exact same thing happen in the last few days, so even though you've reported what happened to you, they're still allowing it to happen to others. Did you ever reach a resolution to your situation??
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.