Catio

ChristineF1
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone paid for the catio advertised on Facebook for 99.00 and ever received it or heard from them?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChristineF1 

BE VERY CAREFUL ITS NOT ONE OF THESE.

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bogey7
New Community Member
Yes I did! I then filed a complaint with PayPal. The vendor’s website had disappeared from the internet when i tried to ask about it. The vendor then sent PayPal a tracking number to show it was delivered. Then PayPal closed my complaint in their favor. I noticed the UPS tracking was for a 1 pound item, not a catio . So I called UPS and they said that tracking was an order of mine from Amazon. Creepy that the place got an Amazon tracking to my house! So I called PayPal and finally got a real person. I explained that they are being lied to and look closely at the tracking- it’s Amazon and not a 75 pound catio. The woman immediately reversed the claim decision to my favor. My PayPal acct was immediately credited. Live and learn!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.