Catherine [removed] Scam - are you getting emails about unauthorized requests?

Buffy21
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else got a very realistic email with a note from Catherine [removed] to say an unauthorized amount has been requested and $399.90 will be deducted from their account? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Raych7734
Contributor
Contributor

Yes!!! But I have it from Cathleen [removed] asking for $399.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

Raych7734
Contributor
Contributor

Yes!!! But I have it from Cathleen [removed] asking for $399.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Buffy21 and @Raych7734

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've received a realistic looking email requesting funds for an unauthorized amount. From the way you've described this email, It does sound like this is a Phishing email I would recommend reviewing this Help Center article on How to spot fake fraudulent, or phishing emails. 

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Raych7734
Contributor
Contributor
I have to look at fraudulent emails for my work, so I knew not to click on the link. I only posted to help others know that this was fishing or a scam and they should not click the links either 🙂
Login to Me Too

michelemiller70
New Community Member
I received an email today as well, 11/23/22. They were requesting $399.98. Although the name Catherine wasn't in the email I received. The reason I could tell it was fake, other than the fact that I never ordered anything, was the wording isn't the best. The 1st sentence states: "You've made payment of $ 399.98 to "Ingram Devices Ltd." has been successfully processed." That is not professional. I always check with my account before I do anything else. Some people will stop at nothing to hack into people's accounts & steal our money.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.