Cashstar scammed me, what do i do now, i tried to refund but I can't

senS22
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a cashstar roblox gift card, the page was kept on loading, and never processed, therefore my money are gone, i tried to refund but I can't

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @senS22,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that your transaction didn't turn out as expected. I can understand how frustrating that is. My first recommendation, in this case, is to always contact the merchant directly to work with them. If the merchant doesn't help you, I would recommend if you have not already gone into your PayPal account and open a dispute on the transaction so that we can all work towards resolving the issue for you. 

I hope you find this helpful!

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

senS22
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the help, but unfortunately i can't open a dispute since the money is still "pending" i don't know what to do and i really want my money back

Login to Me Too

gsm_42
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I'm in this same boat. I'm unable to cancel pending transaction, for some reason. I guess it is some kind of seller protection mechanism, clearly abused by Cashstar. The good thing is that you will get your money back, even if they will try to cash it within 30 days. If not transaction will just expire and your money will be returned.

However I'm surprise that PayPal haven't red flagged that merchant yet since it seams to be causing a lot's of troubles.

Regards

Adam

Login to Me Too

senS22
Contributor
Contributor

Yea, for some reason it happens exactly as you said. The pending doesn't go through, like it was pending for more than 1 month or 2. Can't do anything about it, but you said if i just wait i will get my money back eventually, how much do i have to wait since i already waited a lot?

Login to Me Too

JayFissy
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same issue that you have had. I have bought a 10$ gift card from Roblox's official site 4 days ago. The site kept refreshing and the payment is still 'pending'. Please let me know if there is any solutions.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@senS22 

What does it say next to the transaction in your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JayFissy
Contributor
Contributor

For me it says 'Pending' (Authorization). 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adam1

Hi @JayFissy, thanks for posting in our Community. An authorization is an agreement between a buyer and a seller. It gives the seller permission to debit the buyer's PayPal account to pay for a good or service. The status of your authorization appears in your PayPal account Activity. If the authorization status is 'Pending', this means that the seller hasn't fulfilled your order or taken the payment from your account at this time. A seller typically has 29 days to accept a payment before it expires. After 29 days, contact them to arrange a new payment or contact us to check the validity period of the authorization. Here's an article from our help center with more information. -Adam

Login to Me Too

JayFissy
Contributor
Contributor

Alright, Thanks for the information! 😀

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.