Carethy

Sprinter1970
New Community Member

Purchased some Valentino product from Carethy

after waiting for so long, I requested to know where my order was. They replied saying they were unable to obtain the product.

i then requested a refund for which I’m still waiting.

have reported to PayPal but don’t want others ordering from this company and being let down

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

AnyaNeedle
Contributor
Contributor
The worst online store I have ever used. I wish I read reviews before placing order. Hope to get refund because it s been 3 weeks without any updates
Login to Me Too

privlko
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

Hoping to get a refund from PayPal after my experience. Luckily I have an email from Carethy that says they will not be delivering the item after I contacted them, which I have submitted to PayPal. Despite the fact that they said I won't be getting my purchase, which they no longer stock, it remains on their online store with an estimated shipping day. Don't want others to buy the same thing, knowing it is not going to be delivered.

Login to Me Too

Spookyjg
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot believe I got scammed. $193. Paypal did nothing!!! Closed the dispute. NO buyer protection. Carethy is a fraudulent company. DO NOT BUY!!!!

Login to Me Too

Trudybyrne
Can PayPal investigate these fraudsters?
Login to Me Too

Bigmoanie

Obviously, if you’re reading this you know Carethy are scammers. My experience has been that by doggedly pursuing getting  my £32.79 back I eventually did!  I believe this is because I escalated it to involve Paypal. Had I still been only dealing with Carethy alone I never would!  Only once they saw Paypal was involved did they immediately refund me.  The thing is, how many people give up along the way or forget or for whatever reason never pursue getting their money back or their order delivered. Paypal should not aid/facilitate their ( crimes?). It is an ethical? moral? issue.  I somewhat cynically doubt how commited to stopping this kind of thing they are, as they make money from whatever kind of transactions Carethy do, straight or otherwise. Also I note that in the end Carethy refunded me so no expense for Paypal.  Well that’s my tuppence worth

Login to Me Too

patrickl333
New Community Member

OMG. I just read through all your complaints & comments about Carethy. I bought a product from them over a month ago. I NEVER got any notification or confirmation on the order. Only the Paypal payment receipt. I had been sending chaser emails (almost 10 emails) to their customer service following up on my delivery. I never got any reply whatsoever. I raise the complaint to Paypal over 2 weeks ago. They sent a communication to Carethy but still no reply. I them raised a charge dispute for a refund. Now that you guys say getting a refund from Paypal is also difficult, I am worried that I have been cheated & won't even get my money back. Paypal should have blocked their account if so many customers have raised complaints.

Damn these crooks Carethy.

Login to Me Too

Marc_hendriks
New Community Member
I am having the exact same problem. I ordered and paid for Korres hand cream in December. The company said unavailable and they would refund in early January. I am still waiting as the company claims there is a technology problem. I am going to refer them to OFT as this company seems to be acting fraudulently.
Login to Me Too

pearlazoueini
SCAM! I ordered 4 bottles from Carethy 2 pink & 2 blue waited 2 months! and when i sent them an email to ask for my products they told me 1 more month or they'll send me something similar! I told them if u're not going to send it i'll contact paypal and I did. What happened is that they sent me 2bottles pink only and next day delivery! and when Paypal got intouch with them they showed them that they deliverd my order! and infact I still should get £18 refund! and Paypal didnt refund this! SUCH COMPANIES SHOULD STOP BEING USED AND STOP THEM FROM STEELING OUR MONEY!.
Login to Me Too

Keithchap
New Community Member
You can also issue a charge back using your bank card, you need to raise it with your bank. Their fraud team will investigate and reverse the txn if it's deemed fraudulent.
Login to Me Too

Bia13
did the mistake of ordering before reading reviews. I made 2 orders one after the other as the prices were good and delivery times promised were acceptable. The costumer service reached out to me 2 days before the due time to send a DHL parcel telling me they don't have the product in stock and to wait. I requested a reffund and they replay that will be send in 14 days. I waited 16 days and no reffund. I email again. No replay. I disputed with PayPal and got refunded. The other parcel they send a tracking number that doesn't move from NL. Overdue delivery over 10 days. Emailed no replay. Disputed and got refunded by PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.