Cape Diablo bracelet ripoff

Sbcats
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I think I've just been ripped off. I ordered a bracelet online on June 14th (don't remember where I found it, possibly Etsy). I couldn't get any helpful tracking advice off sf-express.com, the shipper I read more.clpsely that it is a Chinese shipper. I wrote to Cape Diablo and a friendly response came a day later saying it had been shipped, and I would receive it in 12-25 days. Finally, I googled the company only to find several Better Business complaints about the quality of the item (plastic, not leather, smells bad etc.) Have not received it yet, but have a sinking feeling. Is there a good way to warn the public about this seller? Feeling diappointed and angry right now. Thanks for listening, Sbcats

Login to Me Too
93 REPLIES 93

justpuggy
New Community Member

I also ordered a bracelet from Cape Diablo. I had better luck though with customer service. They sent me a link to follow tracking. It did take a month to receive but I did get it and absolutely love it. Hand made. 

Login to Me Too

cdsupport
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

Thank you for choosing Cape Diablo for your stone jewelry and we are more than pleased to hear we were able to meet your expectations with both our products and service provided.

On some occasions, the delivery may take longer than the standard shipping time stated on our webpage. Most of the delays are caused by the customs, which, we can't control, but we offer you our sincerest apologies if this caused any inconvenience.

Thank you, 

Ivonne

Cape Diablo Support

Login to Me Too

PDS32
New Community Member
Cape Diablo intentionally hides its business address. It promises refunds for dissatisfaction but will not respond to give them. It provides not Return Address. The company engages in illegal, fraudulent and deceptive business practices including inaccurate description of goods, failure to execute a refund process, and failure to provide goods as described with materials as indicated. Further company falsely claims the items are hand made when they are mass produced in China. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
Login to Me Too

cdsupport
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We are sorry if you didn't have the best of the experiences while communicating with us. Please note, that our team also does their best to provide you with different options that can suit you better and help clear doubts regarding any issue that may have arisen with the product. After this, if the customer is not pleased we honor their request and provide them with the necessary information to proceed. We embrace the quality and authenticity of our products. We assure you that our products are made from natural stones and suitable quality materials. 

Our pieces are handmade in small communities and villages in Vietnam, Thailand and China. We have teamed up with more than 100 artisans to create handcrafted jewelry, our artisans are mainly mothers working from home who can count on a steady income source without having to sacrifice precious time with their children. You can read more about the origin of our pieces here: https://www.capediablo.com/pages/craftsmanship

Thank you, 

Cape Diablo Support

Ivonne

Login to Me Too

Msfiesta
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered also. Same process and finally received them. Unfortunately they don’t fit my Apple Watch.

Login to Me Too

cdsupport
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience caused. Our Apple Watch Strap bands are compatible with 38mm-44mm Apple Watch faces and 45mm Apple Watch 7, also the new released Apple Watch 8. Magnetic sliders or connectors are the same length of about 32mm.

All the essential details about our products, such as the descriptions, prices, materials, and sizes, are indicated on our website to inform our customers before making any purchase. 

We would appreciate it if you'd contact us https://www.capediablo.com/pages/contact-us to discuss your issue further if it is yet to be solved. We hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you, 

Ivonne 

Cape Diablo Support

Login to Me Too

lynneterry
Contributor
Contributor
You may not have been, “ripped off” in the strictest sense of the expression. I have had a lot of trouble communicating with them, but I have always gotten my product if a month late. they are advertised as, “leather free” so that is why your things are not leather. They do have a smell so they’ve been in a damp warehouse. whatever goes on there they’re very slow and communication is terrible. They did give me a bracelet for half the price for my trouble. But if you want typical US-style service, I would not use them.
Login to Me Too

cdsupport
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lynn,

We thank you for sharing your feedback. We do apologize if you had any trouble with your experience with us, and we appreciate you bringing this up so we can provide a better service next time. We have leather free and also pieces made of real leather depending on the customer's preference. If your item had a bad smell, it is possible that the smell was contained for a long time inside the package, and it hindered the leather's tanning process. Because of this, the odor may be attributed to the leather's curing process.

We are glad to hear you could communicate with us still, and a resolution that suited you was provided. We hope to hear from you again. 

Thank you,

Cape Diablo Support

Ivonne

Login to Me Too

HerTriness
Contributor
Contributor
I attempted multiple times to either get a store credit or return the watch band that does not fit my Garmin Venue as represented on thier website. In my second email to them I included for reference a photo of thier band, the stock band that comes with the Venu, and the Venue itself back dropped against a ruler so that they could see that thier 22mm does not fit my Venue. Since that proof was sent, I have heard nothing from them. My next steps will be to contest the charge to my credit card, and report this company to the BBB for poor business services and customer support. I even attached the photo again just in case they claimed to have not received it. I expect this to be made right WITHOUT cost to me. It's a shame they are unresponsive because I like the look of their product and would have purchased more if they had taken care of this problem.
Login to Me Too

cdsupport
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, 

Thank you for your message. According to the description found on our website, the Garmin Venu 2 is compatible with a 22m watch strap. We apologize if there were any delays while responding to your inquiry. We have verified and our colleague has escalated your concern to a higher department to make sure this is closely verified. They will make sure to  email you back with a resolution as soon as we receive a response from our Team. Your patience is highly appreciated. 

Thank you,
Cape Diablo Support
Ivonne

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.