Cape Diablo bracelet ripoff

Sbcats
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I think I've just been ripped off. I ordered a bracelet online on June 14th (don't remember where I found it, possibly Etsy). I couldn't get any helpful tracking advice off sf-express.com, the shipper I read more.clpsely that it is a Chinese shipper. I wrote to Cape Diablo and a friendly response came a day later saying it had been shipped, and I would receive it in 12-25 days. Finally, I googled the company only to find several Better Business complaints about the quality of the item (plastic, not leather, smells bad etc.) Have not received it yet, but have a sinking feeling. Is there a good way to warn the public about this seller? Feeling diappointed and angry right now. Thanks for listening, Sbcats

Login to Me Too
93 REPLIES 93

hguettler
Contributor
Contributor

I got a "resolution" from paypal.  Cape Diablo said they would refund my money if I sent items back to Israel - where they are undoubtedly not hand made - but mass produced with crappy materials.  The address provided is not even real and paypal will not respond. 

Login to Me Too

Kharte
Contributor
Contributor

Wish I had read the reviews BEFORE I ordered from this company. Ordered May 28th. As of today June 16th, NO bracelet!!! It is not a USA company. Tracking  number for order is not a US Postal tracking number. Response is generic email. I am hoping PayPal comes thru with a refund to my account.

Login to Me Too

heynow1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes.  It appears that I have been ripped off as well.  They keep sending me phony USPS tracking numbers just to make me feel like I will actually receive my purchase one day.  They prominently posted the PayPal logo so I trusted them as legitimate.  

Login to Me Too

Jvarsity1
Contributor
Contributor
I too have experienced the Cape Diablo rip-off. A bracelet was ordered May 8 and seeing an order confirmation # and a tracking # on May 14, there have been updates. USPS shows no indication of shipment. Advertising was fraudulent as the merchandise is not made in CA but rather China. Have sent 2 emails to them after more than a month of waiting and received the same response both times stating the bracelet has shipping and wait time could be 5-25 business days. They took the money thru PayPal but so far filing a dispute thru PayPal only sends a response to the seller. Very frustrating and disappointing...
Login to Me Too

DMJake

I have had the same problem with Cape Diablo.  Major fraud alert on these guys.  Stealing money from people and trying to claim they are helping single mother artisans be with their children.  Disgusting that they would even attempt to make this claim.  I hope that everyone associated with Cape Diablo gets COVID and dies a horrid death.

Login to Me Too

Neelymom
Contributor
Contributor
I got my bracelets. They were beautiful. Not from China. They are having issues due to Covid. I apologize for my earlier post about it being a ripoff.
Login to Me Too

EmilyS1
Contributor
Contributor

I’m another person who should have read reviews before purchasing. Item purchased on 5/22 and shipping label created the same day. The tracking number indicated the item still hasn’t made it to USPS as of today (6/30) over 30 days later. Got in touch by email and they stated once I confirmed the purchase on the website, I was no longer eligible for a refund. Despite never receiving a product. Total rip-off.

Login to Me Too

jaaess
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, my bracelet has not made it to USPS yet either...it has been weeks. They are a suspicious company with lots of slippery "reasons" with no result for we the customers. I have written and written still no bracelet delivered.

PayPal is useless for many reasons...this one is when opening a case to get my money back from the business, using them...giving me instructions on dealing with the customer first...yeah, been there already several times...now I want it over ... and all of the have the canned and lame excuse of Covid 19. Tired of all of these excuses and no actual results.

Login to Me Too

TheGoose
Contributor
Contributor

This has been the absolute worst experience I've ever had with a merchant, and I'm not alone - BUYER BEWARE!! A simple google search will show you endless links to various sites where similar complaints are issued; some even mention calling the FBI. The same theme is repeated, extremely delayed shipping and refusal to refund.

I ordered 4 bracelets on July 18th and received 3 of them by July 27th. The fourth one, I received about 1 month after ordering. I received no notice that the fourth one was delayed, it just showed up.

I did not like 2 of the bracelets (Intense Emperor Jasper and Healing Rhodochrosite) because quite frankly, they looked and felt fake - they are light as a feather, perfectly cut and colored plastic "stones." I'm no gemologist but it doesn't take a degree to tell the difference between plastic and stone.

On August 2nd I requested a refund stating it was not to my expectations. After 7 emails between the both of us, I have yet to receive return instructions. They've refuted my claims that the stones are fake, I've sent them photos as requested - not sure how that proves authenticity but ok - and I haven't heard back from them since; that was on August 7th.

They are not honoring their return policy (copy and pasted below) and they only handle returns through email or chat, they don't offer a return process or address which makes it so that you literally can't try to return the item which in turn makes it difficult to dispute the charge on a credit card.

I warned them multiple times that I would dispute the charge and share my bad experience - they've remained unresponsive and unhelpful. I have disputed the charge and I will post this review on every site I find - I've also contacted Instagram letting them know they're a fraud.

Cape Diable Return Policy from https://www.capediablo.com/pages/return-policy#:~:text=We%20may%20choose%20to%20make,natural%20days%.... on August 24th 2020
From CapeDiablo.com we want our customers to enjoy an unforgettable shopping experience, therefore, our team is responsible for selecting the best products to guarantee a quality purchase.

As part of the experience, we know that on some occasions we will not be able to fulfill all your expectations, so we offer you service returns and refunds that will allow you to continue to enjoy shopping with us.

Our customers have the right to return the product within 14 natural days. This term will expire on the 14 natural days of the day the product has been received by the customer. Our customers have the right to return the product or receive a refund according to this conditions:

1) DEFECTIVE PRODUCT OR ORDER

In the unfortunate event that the product is defective. (Its clearly broken and unusable)
Product received is totally different from the order. (Requested Product A Received Product B)
The size sent is not the same as the requested one. (Customer requests size S and the product received is labeled with size M)
Customer have the right to receive a new product depending of the product availability. In case the product is not available, the customer will be refunded.

2) PRODUCT DOESN'T FIT THE EXPECTATIONS:

The selected size does not fit the customer's measurements.
Customer simply want a change for another product or return it.
Patterns have some variations according with the picture.
Color is slightly different from the picture.
Material quality is not exactly what customer wants.
We may choose to make a refund of 25% of the value of the product.

3) CONDITIONS TO APPLY FOR A CHANGE OR RETURN:

Refund requests will be accepted by email and chats.
No refund requests will be accepted after 14 natural days for any reason.
Return shipping costs are the customer's responsibility.
Refund can take between 12 to 20 days to be reflected on your statement
We'll refund only to the same payment method from where customer originally pay
Refund or Changes will be executed once we receive the tracking number from the customer as a guarantee.
Items that are damaged, dirty, altered, or not in their original boxes or bags will not be accepted for return.
Please note we cannot change or cancel any order after it was placed.

4) BUYER PROTECTION - Our customers have the right to receive a full refund if the product won't be delivered after 90 days.

Login to Me Too

Deamo1
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem. You have to send it back to Isreal and it will cost double what you paid for. DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE PIGS. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.